Charles Taze Russell & His Secret Mission To S. California That Killed Him

by West70 49 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• Ding
    Ding

Maybe Chuck was measuring the frequency of earthquakes for an upcoming issue of Zion's Watchtower.

Or maybe he was hunting for San Diego real estate on which to build a home for the princes Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob after WW I turned into Armageddon.

• Farkel
    Farkel

Arsenic poisoning has symptoms which are consistent with the symptoms reported about Russell's condition. A person can be slowly poisoned to death with arsenic, which would have made it less obvious to suspect as cause of death in Russell's day.

Rutherford had the most to gain by Russell's death.

Russell's body was hastily buried without any autopsy, as I recall.

Rutherford was a ruthless, self-serving asshole who had no morals and no shame.

This is all circumstantial evidence, except for the last item.

Farkel

• xiaohongshu
    xiaohongshu

The thread is old. BUT the fact C.T. Russell had NO official autopsy indicates murder CANNOT remain discounted. I find the fact the time, from Russell's death to burial, means only one thing: suspicious death

• startingover
    startingover

I just want to add this letter to this thread which was written by MacMillan to my grandfather on August 6, 1915. Interesting when he says that the society is about broke.

• enoughisenough
    enoughisenough

I will be vilified for this conspiracy. I have listened to a lot of youtube videos while working so I don't remember where I heard this. Anyway, it makes sense if true. Russel was part of some secret society in which he had to be sacrficed on a certain day ( or something like that ) Has anyone else heard that theory or know more about it?

• Mikejw
    Mikejw

It specifically about Russel but yes it’s true that secret societies like the Masons/ skull and bones do indeed have to make human sacrifices on certain dates.

We know for sure the secret society involvement in the early days and the symbology all over early publications.

The cross on a 33 degree angle on all the early watchtower publications. 33 is a key number as Jesus was 33 when he was killed. Supposedly anyway

• dropoffyourkeylee
    dropoffyourkeylee

fascinating letter, startingover.

Lots of businessmen carried a portable typewriter with them on the train for catching up on correspondence. Undoubtedly Macmillan wrote this while travelling.

He was well known across WV, Ohio, and Ky. I once knew a brother (now deceased of course) who had known Macmillan and had him stay at his house when he visited their area in the '40's and early '50s. I think Macmillan lived into the '60's.

It's curious how the railroad-era towns like Brandonburg WV and Crooksville Ohio which became nearly ghost towns once the railroad passenger traffic pulled out.

• Sea Breeze
    Sea Breeze

Thanks for posting that starting over. Wow, your family goes back even farther than mine in the org.

• vienne
    vienne

Russell died of acute, untreated cystitis. In 1916 cystitis had a much higher mortality rate than today. No antibiotics, of course. Russell persisted with his trip despite warning to stay home, drink lots of water and rest. I suppose he felt obligated to make the trip, or was so enamored with self that he felt the trip necessary.

There is no mystery in this. No conspiracy. Just a bit of self delusion and stupidity.

My grand uncle met McMillan and others back in the day. His side of the family can be found in letters to Zion's Watch Tower. Me? Never a Witness. Just a fascinated onlooker.

• MeanMrMustard
    MeanMrMustard
    Anyone have any idea what "business propositions" in southern California were so significant that Russell could not have handled such by letter or telegraph?

Yes. In those days the official offices of The Kerfuffles, the secret organization that rules the world, were in California. Several WT presidents and GB members have made a bid for a seat. Not all make it. Depending on what they see or learn during the interview, they may need to be terminated.

BUT the fact C.T. Russell had NO official autopsy indicates murder CANNOT remain discounted. I find the fact the time, from Russell's death to burial, means only one thing: suspicious death

Exactly.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit