What a night! Crawled into bed at 3am!

by fullofdoubtnow 11 Replies latest jw friends

• fullofdoubtnow
    fullofdoubtnow

Hi everyone, I am just trying to "recover" from my night out with 3 of my work colleagues last night! We did a pub crawl from 9 till 11, then went to a club. It's the first time I have been to a club in over 20 years, but it won't be the last! I really have been missing out all these years, but I am going to make up for some of it, and soon. I started out just drinking halves of beer (dedpoets advice), but I progressed on to something called WKD, at least I think it was that, and then Jack Daniels and coke. By that time I was too far gone to care anyway. I can't remember much after about 130 am, but have a vague recollection of staggerring out of a taxi and through my front door in the early hours. I can't remember going to bed, but I woke up there, so I must have done lol! It was a new experience for me, drinking, dancing, being eyed up by a couple of guys, and I did have a few guilty thoughts during the evening, at least while I was still sober anyway, but overall the best night I've had in years. Strange thing was, I woke up with a pack of cigarettes in my bag, I have no recollection of buying them at all! Pre - jw I was a heavy smoker, and found it hard to give up. On odd occasions when I first joined I lapsed and felt guilty afterwards, but I haven't smoked for years, so I phoned one of the girls I was out with and she told me I had been smoking! (Dedpoet is looking on disapprovingly, but he's not a good example anyway, he smokes himself). Whatever, it really was a great night, (though I think I will lay off alcohol today!), and I just wanted to share it with you.

Love, Linda

• upside/down
    upside/down

The question is...Who's bed? hehehe...

u/d

• fullofdoubtnow
    fullofdoubtnow

Oh it was mine ud, and unfortunately I was all alone in it!

• stevenyc
    stevenyc

Linda. NEVER MIX YOUR DRINKS! I hope that wasn't to loud for you. I love clubbing and really miss the UK scene.

steve

• mouthy
    mouthy

and I just wanted to share it with you.

Love, Linda

Well you naughty gal!!!! started smoking again!!! Am I going to have to send you to your room? Oh no! your already in it!!! DONT start smoking again PLEASE!!!!! it aint any good for you!!!& as for getting drunk! WELL!!! I guess I cant leave these kids of mine alone for five minits...The WT will use you as an example & say " see without Mother ? they go back to loose conduct.... ( Yeah I know most JWS are a bunch of boozers>>>((((HUG))) You can do as you like you know that BUT!!!! I advise to chuck the fags away!!!

• fullofdoubtnow
    fullofdoubtnow

Thanks mouthy, I know smoking is a bad idea, and I wouldn't want to get hooked again, but I must admit I just smoked a cigarette! I will finish this pack (only 10), and hopefully not buy any more. To his credit, dedpoet disapproves of me doing thay anyway. He smokes himself, and doesn't want me to fall into that trap, as he puts it. I must admit I always enjoyed smoking though, but I didn't ought to do it. As for drinking, well, I think I might do that again lol.

• mouthy
    mouthy

I must admit I always enjoyed smoking though

I know the feeling I used to smoke two packs a day!!! No filter!!! I thank the WTower for that release I quit to get baptized ( took me 9 months to quit though )It was Awful. But after seeing my Frank ( hubby) die from lung cancer I am glad I quit- his lung came up & blocked his mouth AWFU:L!!!!!

• Double Edge
    Double Edge
    I will finish this pack (only 10), and hopefully not buy any more.

Famous last words..... hehe (glad you had a good time, but be careful).

• Es
    Es

Thats awesome hun, you might find you will go full on with this kind of stuff...its like being in the borg we are a spring held tightly, when we leave we are released we spring everywhere. You get to a point where you can settle down, but for now just go for it

es

• fullofdoubtnow
    fullofdoubtnow

I have been out tonight with dedpoet, I didn't intend to have any alcohol, but I did have a drop (or2), and a few cigarettes. I just feel so liberated at the moment, free after all these years, and I wanna enjoy it! It's a bit of a rollercoaster ride for me at the moment, doiong things I would have felt guilty doing not long ago, I have got my life back, and life is SOOOOO GOOD now.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit