The “Given Ones,” Jehovah’s Provision? by Barbara Anderson

by Dogpatch 47 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• candidlynuts
    candidlynuts

great article!

just wanted to ask... re: Gerrit Lösch, Sam Herd, Guy Pierce, Peter Lett, David Splane i thought the Lett members name was Stephen?

• Narkissos
    Narkissos
    All subsequent Governing Body appointees have first spent time as assistants, e.g.. Gerrit Lösch, Sam Herd, Guy Pierce, Peter Lett, David Splane, Geoffrey Jackson and Anthony Morris. Inasmuch as all of these men were of the “other sheep” class, and since they were living in the last days and expected to live through the “great tribulation,” that would have made them part of the “great crowd” of “other sheep.” In time, each man came to believe he was called to become part of the “anointed remnant.” And that calling could make him available to become a member of the Governing Body. Hence, the “Given Ones” arrangement could prove to be a ‘proving ground’ for potential new Governing Body members.

This too is very interesting (and new to me)... opportunistic "anointment"?

• run dont walk
    run dont walk

Excellent, thanks, this will be useful.

• willyloman
    willyloman
    The shadowy link to the nefarious Jewish Zionist Illuminati Kabbalist Masonic Talmudic NWO conspiracy....revealed!!

Not so much. It's just that FF, like so many bethel heavies and other "prominent ones" in the org, didn't feel the rules applied to them. A "wordly" friend, confidante, mentor? That would get YOU in trouble, but on Freddie, it's just cute.

• AndersonsInfo
    AndersonsInfo

Please don't try to connect this Jewish man with secret societies and Zionist organizations. I shared the information about Franz's friend because it was an interesting happening. If he had not been in Ciro's office, I would not have heard his complaint about the Nethinim analogy which, in turn, caused me to doubt the article's premise and do further research. I didn't say the man was never a JW, I said I was told he was not an ACTIVE Jehovah's Witness. I never learned anything else about him, and it was a curious experience, but that's all there was to it.

Franz had been in the Brooklyn Heights area nearly 70 years or so. The Bethel family was very small for many, many years, with only a few hundred people living and working there. Doors weren't always locked up tightly years ago as they are now in Brooklyn Heights. I remember in the 50s and 60s when Bethelites didn't need to show identification when they entered Bethel or had to have a key to the front door to use when they came in; nor were there guards positioned at the front entrances when doors were unlocked during meal times.

Many Bethelites worked Jewish areas in service. Perhaps Franz met this man out in service a long time ago, or they attended the same congregation. He didn't have to be an ACTIVE Witness to believe in the Witness theology. How ever they met, they had the Hebrew Scriptures in common and were definitely friends. In addition, this man had probably visited Bethel hundreds of times during their long friendship. Consequently, his was a familiar face and he was accoustomed to going where he pleased without being stopped.

Franz was self-taught in the Hebrew language and probably welcomed the input from a man who actually spoke the language fluently and who probably appreciated Franz's deep interest in the Bible. Why do some posters here have to make mountains out of molehills and see Zionist, Illuminati, Rothschild connections out of this experience, which to me is just ridiculous.

I walked the walk at Bethel for nearly eleven years; I poked around in old files, read all kinds of archival material, read practically every word Russell and his wife wrote, and never saw a connection with any secret society or group. I worked with people who had been in Bethel, some as many as 50 years, and there was not a hint of such things. I interviewed for the Proclaimer's book many old, old Bethelites and heard nothing about sinister connections. My oldest and dearest friend at Bethel was Arthur Worsley, who certainly had gripes about Franz, Rutherford and Knorr, but nothing was ever said about secret societies and the Watchtower.

Why do some posters try to exploit and twist facts about the Russells and their popular 19th century religious belief about the return of the Jews to Jerusalem, which many at that time believed was a significant event in relation to the rule of Christ?

Yes, there is plenty of documented historical material about the Russells and their Watch Tower organization available for us to examine to find out for ourselves if this is God's organization, so why do some continue to drag up, over and over, unsubstantiated speculations and assumptions and present these as if they were proven facts. Darned if I know!

Barbara

• AndersonsInfo
    AndersonsInfo

Yes, Candidlynuts, it's Stephen Lett, not Peter Lett. Peter Lett was in the circuit work in Central Florida at one time.

Barbara

• Golf
    Golf

Greetings AndersonInfo, as to your question about people always speculating, its the unknown or mysteries that keeps them on the edge. As you said, "...but I have concluded that I'll never be able to unravel the mysteries of life, let alone help others to understand them." (Taken from Yes, a Bethelite Woman Provided "Spiritual Food"

I enjoy reading your experiences and keeping the community properly informed. The best and good health.

Golf

• yaddayadda
    yaddayadda

Aaah, the crafty old Jew. They always seem to have the last laugh. Such irony.

• yaddayadda
    yaddayadda

"Harry Peloyan was visibly upset because he wasn’t chosen. He went to Lloyd Barry and asked him face-to-face why he wasn’t appointed. Lloyd said that Ted Jaracz blocked Harry’s appointment. And Harry knew why. It was because of his doggedness to get the Society’s sexual child abuse policies changed."

WOW. Barbara, can you please expand on this?

• HappyDad
    HappyDad

Barbara,

From the bottom of my heart, I thank you for presenting the facts. You were there and your credibility is flawless. And thank you so much for this comment...............

Yes, there is plenty of documented historical material about the Russells and their Watch Tower organization available for us to examine to find out for ourselves if this is God's organization, so why do some continue to drag up, over and over, unsubstantiated speculations and assumptions and present these as if they were proven facts. Darned if I know!
    HappyDad

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit