Dont be so hard on satan

by gringojj 67 Replies latest jw friends

• under74
    under74

or maybe it's just me......

• tetrapod.sapien
    tetrapod.sapien

daystar,

no one thinks the bushes are satanists. it's just funny as hell that the rest of the world thinks it's the symbol of satan, but that texans have a different meaning. it's even funnier that they're public xians.

ha ha ha

TS

• daystar
    daystar
    no one thinks the bushes are satanists

Well, I'm thinking Ianone does. You know, he's a S&B and a Mason and all.

• MsMcDucket
    MsMcDucket

I took an anthropology course called: Magic, Witchcraft, and Religion. The professor started out talking about the various tribes and their beliefs, and then he came to Christian religion and he likened it to what the small tribes believed. I couldn't accept his view point, but now, it makes sense.

Here is one of the things he talked about:

....the cargo cults in the South Pacific where there are still Aboriginal people who worship the cargo gods. They developed a religion because during World War II so many big airplanes landed on their islands; they were the first exposure they ever had to modern technology and they thought they were gods who were flying in and delivering all of this cargo, and they developed religions out of this, and today they have little temples made out of bamboo and other kinds of woven material. Temples that look like control towers, cargo planes, and airplane hangers, and they worshiped the cargo gods. A materialistic kind of religion; they want the cargo gods to come back and deliver them some more Zippo lighters, radios, and nuts and bolts, and tools, and all the things that were landing there in World War II.

• gringojj
    gringojj

yup

• fullofdoubtnow
    fullofdoubtnow

A materialistic kind of religion

It sounds just like the one I've just left!

• greendawn
    greendawn

Gringojj, God can instantly destroy satan's power at any time that He chooses but at present and for a limited time His policies are better served by letting him act defiantly.

Satan (and his angels) is in theory salvable if he repents and makes good the damage he has been causing to mankind but given the extend of the appalling damage caused over many millennia this is a dreadfully difficult and painful process to undertake. So in practice he remains defiant and goes from bad to worse. He can't even surrender to at least stop accumulating more liabilities.

• gringojj
    gringojj

Greendawn there are many examples of god murdering people in the bible. What exactly has satan done that is so bad?

• gringojj
    gringojj

Greendawn I am waiting for examples.

• greendawn
    greendawn

Gringojj, you are asking for instances in the Bible where satan is described as the perpetrator of a crime or murder. To begin with the Bible is not an archive of crimes committed by one or other individual through history.

If you want to go biblically Satan (and his angels) are nonetheless indirectly but clearly implicated in the totality of crimes committed on this earth because he is the ruler of this world.

For example when certain ancient nations were sacrifising humans to their gods because the latter demanded it to be placated, we say that those gods were in fact sadistic, misanthropic, blood thirsty angels who enjoyed murdering humans. The gods of the nations were infact malicious, murderous demons.

Now if you fancy a satan inspired pagan priest to tie you to an alter plunge a knife into your chest and collect your blood into a bucket to pour it out as an offering to the demons then you can claim that satan is an innocent harmless individual. Millions of humans were murdered in that way in the past.

As for God he is constantly passing judgements against the nations and the canaanites that used to burn little babies alive for the pleasure of those sadistic demons got their recompense from the Israelites as did later their equally guilty fellow kinsmen, the Carthagians, from the Romans.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit