Conveying "ex-JW-vibes" with only a smile...lol

by Lilycurly 13 Replies latest jw friends

• Lilycurly
    Lilycurly

I've found myself in a not so feel-good situation this morning. In fact, it happened a few times just this week. I'm often walking around town or in malls and I happen to pass, make eye contact and smile to people I know arent JWs anymore. I mean, studies that never got baptized, sisters that DAd or faded...The problem is, we haven't seen each other in a long time...and they probably still think I am a dub. It's very embarassing as I absolutely don't want them to think that I am, but I can't stop to clarify things with each person...so I just give them a huge smile and try to tell them with my eyes that I'm on their side now.lol If I happen to be wearing distinctly pagan-friendly jewellery, I try to show it off, lol. Anyone else feels like this? Any tricks I didn't think of?

• defd
    defd

lily

Dont try so hard. You have made a choice, now live it. You left the ORG. but it seems to me you are still, as some would say, "TRAPPED BY IT" You are free to do what you want. Free to talk to who you want and so on. Just my 2 cents

D.

• Lilycurly
    Lilycurly

I know...I know...but I also know that those people, who have also made a choice, will think that I judge them in typical JW-style if they arent informed of my leaving. (No offence to you, Dfed, you are not a typical JW.:P)

• TopHat
    TopHat
    Dont try so hard. You have made a choice, now live it. You left the ORG. but it seems to me you are still, as some would say, "TRAPPED BY IT" You are free to do what you want. Free to talk to who you want and so on. Just my 2 cents

D.

Ok deft, how many hours do you count when witnessing on this board? Fess-up!

• defd
    defd

Ok deft, how many hours do you count when witnessing on this board? Fess-up!

NONE!

• TheListener
    TheListener

simmer down now, simmer down.

I think a huge smile and pagan jewelry is a good start.

Perhaps yelling "praise Satan" or something like that would give them a stronger clue.

• Balsam
    Balsam

I'm disf'ed, and if I ran into someone I knew who had been associated with JW when I left I would never approach them. It is up to them to approach me if they are free in themselves to do so. You should approach them and speak even if it is just briefly and pleasantly. By doing so they will know your not following the policy of not communicating with people who left the JW religion. Believe me they appreciate to know their not the only ones out and some are not controled by the WTS.

• defd
    defd

Perhaps yelling "praise Satan" or something like that would give them a stronger clue.

Lily everyone is entitled to their opinion, but I must say the above is NOT good advise. Satan does not deserve ANY praise.

D.

• Celia
    Celia
    Satan does not deserve ANY praise.

Nor does the trigger happy Jehovah.... btw, what has satan ever done that is so bad ? the god of the OT is the evil one, murderer of men, women and children, bloodthirsty, condoning rape of virgins and massacres of innocent people... imo...

• Lilycurly
    Lilycurly

Uuuhh...don't worry, dfed, I am not this far gone!lol

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit