Were the "Pioneers" in your hall treated with favoritism by the Elders?

by booker-t 26 Replies latest jw friends

• booker-t
    booker-t

It seems that all of the parts on the theocratic ministry school were given by the pioneers in my old hall. Also the elders were always complemented on how "sister pioneer" is so zealous and loves Jehovah. As if sister not pioneering hated Jehovah. This used to really bug me how the Elders in my hall would always compare non-pioneers to pioneers. And would always imply that Pioneers loved Jehovah and Jesus more then non-pioneers. What are you thoughts on this question posters was it all in my imagination or did pioneer favoritism exist in your hall?

• 95stormfront
    95stormfront

I know one thing.....the pioneers in the last Hall I went to always knew in advance who was being DF ahead of time and the particulars to the reasons why.

So much for the expectation of confidentiality.

• tetrapod.sapien
    tetrapod.sapien

ya, for sure. i thought it was like that in all halls too.

when i was a pioneer, the PO loved parading me around. and then i was apointed as a MS at 18.

PO: "...by holy spirit. but we need to ask you, do you have a problem with masturbation?"

LOL. what a load of shit.

TS

• theinfamousone
    theinfamousone

they knew of one having sex cuz someone i knew told them, and they didnt even have a meeting with the PIO! BUNCHA HYPOCRITES i tells ya...

the infamous one

• Reefton Jack
    Reefton Jack

Different writers on this board have commented on how a noticeable "Caste System" works in the congregations.

Within this caste system, pioneers rate highly.

In all the congregations that I was in, being a pioneer got you fast tracked to being appointed an MS or an elder.

Jack.

• Kaput
    Kaput
    PO: "...by holy spirit. but we need to ask you, do you have a problem with masturbation?"

TS, for future reference...holy spirit can't see under the blankets.

• Jobees
    Jobees

In my congregation we had 25 pioneers. The number was impressive but none of us was treated as anything extra special. I hated the elders in our hall. They gave their talks about increasing the numbers of the 'pioneer ranks' but once you reached that goal they forgot about you. Once I became one my mother was the only one who treated me as if I was 'special.'

• CountryGuy
    CountryGuy

Of course they were.... all the Pioneers in the KH I grew up in were wives and children of the elders.

• Finally-Free
    Finally-Free

Several times my congregation rented party rooms and had "congregation get togethers" to "honour the pioneers™". I boycotted these because I thought they were inappropriate.

W

• thom
    thom

The service overseer in my almost last hall was a pioneer. He said several times in his talks, "We (the pioneers) would like to really thank you (publishers) for helping us so much with OUR territory."
    Apparently I was the only one who took offense at that. I had a big problem with him referring to the territory as theirs. Of course maybe pioneers are taught that, I don't know. I was only a regular auxiliary pioneer, not a REAL pioneer so what would I know.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit