Anyone ever had a Kidney Stone?

by whyamihere 32 Replies latest jw friends

• Beachbender
    Beachbender

MsMcDucket Your poor, poor brother!! Ouch!!!!

I had a male friend go through this last year, it took him about a month to pass it, his doc told him it was from lack of water, and to many sodas!!! And just a few weeks ago a female friend had an attack coming home from work while driving!! She was suppose to go to a concert with the hubby and I that very night, needless to say she spent the evening in the ER!!! Brooke take it easy on yourself, I like the suggestions of a toasty blanket from the dryer and toast!

• joelbear
    joelbear

I've had 8. Mine usually pass within 24 hours but I had one that lasted 3 weeks.

Hopefully Brooke, yours will be quick. Drink a lot of water or apple juice. Most advice I would give has been covered by others.

I personally don't ever take the pain meds they give me to take home because they don't really kill the pain for me and just make me sick. If my pain gets bad I head back to the emergency room to get knocked out again.

• Plummet
    Plummet

I was always told that a straight coffee enema (10 cups of strong coffee cooled to room temp held in for 15-30 min) helped to flush kidney stones and clean your Liver and that drinking 3 tablespoons of olive oil (mix with a little lemon juice for taste) 3-5 times a day will help lube your system to remove large gall and kidney stones quickly and dissolve small gall stones.

Its worth a try.

• Forscher
    Forscher

Oh yes! I had one about 16 years ago. At the time we were moving from one house to another. I knew it was time to go to the ER when the broken glass in a window looked realllll good. I lived on Demerol about a month and pissing through a screen before I was finally rid of the #%&@$& thing. The nausea was an improvment as far as I was concerned. Hang on friend. It will get better.

Forscher

• Navigator
    Navigator

I've had about 6 stones. One was so large that I had to have a renal lithotomy to get it out. That is where they slice you open like a watermelon and extract the stone from your kidney. The small ones are the worst since they cause the renal colic. I had some tumors on my parathyroids which were causing me to flush a lot of calcium through my system and forming the stones. Since they removed a couple of my parathyroids, I've only had a couple of stones. You probably should have a blood test to check your calcium/phosphorus levels and see if they are unusually high.

• MsMcDucket
    MsMcDucket

I have a disorder called hyperparathyroidism that makes me prone to get kidney stones. So far, I've only had three. The other two did pass without difficulty. I don't think I have anymore!

• Why Georgia
    Why Georgia

Poor Brooke! I'm so sorry for your pain.

Yes I have had one and it was horrible. Almost worse than childbirth!

My father had one last year and almost died. We found out that he has only one kidney - we never knew before that!

I hope you feel better soon.

Gentle Hugs,

WG

• Gerard
    Gerard

I read read a lot on that. The main building block of calcium-oxalate stones (the most common one) is oxalate, so avoid ingesting:

• Chocolate
    • Tea
    • Spinach
    • Beet tops
    • Peanuts
    • Almonds
    • Pecans

Drink lots of citric acid containing juice (lemon, orange, but avoid grapefruit) as the citric acid inhibits calcium oxalate deposits and adhesion. Alternatively, you can take it as a supplement - a chewable tablet.

Drink at least 2 liters of pure water every day, that helps to flush out stagnated particles inside the kidneys' nephrons.

Medication may be needed if stone formation is recurrent.

• MsMcDucket
    MsMcDucket

Now, we know where the phrase "pissing a stone" comes from!

www.urology-malaysia.org

• Gerard
    Gerard

In the realm of alternative medicine, this medication has been used for centuries and is currently being investigated by modern rephrologists: Phillantus niruri (chancra piedra).

http://www.naturalhealthteam.com/health_problems/diseases/33.htm

http://www.naturalhealthteam.com/store/419.asp

Another herb from Morroco -very difficult to obtain- is herniaria.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit