i called bethel RE: voting...

by in a new york bethel minute 51 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Cygnus
    Cygnus

jula, that article is Watchtowerly Weasel Worded. It draws a few major red herrings and doesn't address the actuality of the outcome if a Witness registers, votes, and then talks about voting. Sure, a Witness can vote. A Witness can do anything. They just can't get caught doing it, or if they're caught, they need to hush up about it. That's the 'protection of his freedom of speech' that the article is referring to. A JW must make sure he can be able to properly criticize government and tell people Jehovah's Kingdom is the ONLY solution without compromisation by publicly supporting some human political endeavor.

• Jourles
    Jourles

Here is a quick and dirty list of what states require one or both party notification:

http://www.caseassist.com/taping.htm

• minimus
    minimus

Marvin is accurate (as usual). What the say on the phone, by a CO or DO, by a private BOE letter----is NOT the same as when it's in print. Quite simply the Society's "new" tactic is to print an official view but tell certain ones that it REALLY doesn't mean that. This results in depending upon the local men to understand current legal views.

• daystar
    daystar
    Does Jesus have a running mate?

Yes he does. It is Satan!

Defd, funny, but I suspect you misunderstand the phrase "running mate".

A running mate is a person running for a subordinate position on a joint ticketduring an election - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Running_mate

So, what you have just said is that Jesus and Satan are on the same political ticket.

• Cygnus
    Cygnus

daystar, you yourself know that Jesus is referred to as a "lucifer" a couple of times in the new testament. :)

• daystar
    daystar

cyg

Yes, but Satan (Shaitan) does not necessarily equal Lucifer. At least there is not much evidence.

• blondie
    blondie

The WTS now teaches that Satan is Lucifer but I do remember than in Russell's time it was believed to be Jesus. I am not near my files; does anyone have any quotes on that?

Blondie

• minimus
    minimus

This thread is supposed to be about voting, no??

• TD
    TD

Is this now "old light?" (Sometimes it's hard to keep track of..)

*** w02 9/15 pp. 30-31 Questions From Readers ***

Questions From Readers ·

Is Lucifer a name that the Bible uses for Satan?

.................. The pride of the Babylonian rulers indeed reflected the attitude of “the god of this system of things”—Satan the Devil. (2 Corinthians 4:4) He too lusts for power and longs to place himself above Jehovah God. But Lucifer is not a name Scripturally given to Satan.

• MerryMagdalene
    MerryMagdalene
    This thread is supposed to be about voting, no??

It IS still about voting; they're just trying to decide if it would be okay to vote for Jesus if Satan was his running mate.Pay attention

~Merry

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit