i called bethel RE: voting...

by in a new york bethel minute 51 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• in a new york bethel minute
    in a new york bethel minute

STILL not a conscience matter... although for the countries that demand that everyone register and actually walk in the booth to cast a vote, a witness may, if his conscience allows, register and go into the booth and add a new box labelled "Jesus Christ", then checkmark that box and vote for him... HAHAHA COOL EH?!!!

bethel

• tall penguin
    tall penguin

Does Jesus have a running mate?
    :) tall penguin

• carla
    carla

Are you kidding? I thought there was a wt that allowed voting. Your kidding about the Jesus box right?

• ackack
    ackack

I think it Santa Claus.

Those two on ticket would DEFINITELY beat the Republicans in 2008.

ackack

• Finally-Free
    Finally-Free

Maybe in some of those countries an ex-jw should do the same, but write down the name of a congregation elder instead.

W

• littlerockguy
    littlerockguy

Maybe someone in that country can bribe one of the attendants outside the voting booth to lie and say that person went in the booth and casted their vote. A similar ploy worked in Mexico.

• in a new york bethel minute
    in a new york bethel minute
    Your kidding about the Jesus box right

absolutely not. those were his ALMOST exact words... very closely quoted indeed :)

bethel

• undercover
    undercover
    STILL not a conscience matter...

Is that a quote? How exactly did they say it?

They have to be careful how they direct their followers in this area. To come right out and say that voting is wrong and they don't allow our members to vote without repurcussion could get them in trouble.

This is (USA), afterall, a "free" country, where every citizen has the right to vote, if they so choose to do so. To not be allowed to vote by another entity is denying a citizen of a right granted by the government.

I know that most JWs fall right into line on the voting issue, but if a hardline stance was taken by Brooklyn on this matter and the press and/or the government decided to make an issue out of it, it could get messy for them. That's why I'm surprised that someone at the help desk would be so willing to give out that kind of info.

• AlmostAtheist
    AlmostAtheist

Don't let the brothers in Malawi get wind of this... Man, would they be pissed.

• Legolas
    Legolas

I thought it was a conscience matter now!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit