they just called on me

by pc 29 Replies latest jw experiences

• sass_my_frass
    sass_my_frass

Undercover, that was brilliant. If only I can get my dried-up brain to remember it.

• yaddayadda
    yaddayadda

Actually I think Undercover's little scenario is really lame and petty. I could think of better ways to have fun with a JW at the door.

• jstalin
    jstalin

PC - great post. Getting JWs to think about what they are doing is exactly what you did. Perhaps you planted a little seed that will grow over time!

• daystar
    daystar
    Why feel sad for them,,, They're doing what they want to do and what they believe in. I think they probably left feeling sad for you.

Sad because they have not yet opened their eyes to the fact that they are following a man-made religion full of lies and deception; that they are being manipulated into pouring all of their energy into this vampiric earthly organization rather than truly recognizing their potentials.

Most of them are not doing what they want to do. They're doing what they're commanded by the WBTS to do. And many, if not most, of them are miserable doing it. It's a job, not a joy.

If they left feeling sad for the householder, they are horribly misguided. Oh wait, they are anyway.

We feel sad about them because we know they are trapped. Deep inside, many of them know it as well. You can see it in their eyes.

• mouthy
    mouthy

Undercover, that was brilliant and quite correct in your reasoning

Yes I thought it good too!!! I feel so sorry for the woman that called on you. There for the GRACE of God -go I. I used to use those kinds of tatics when I made 10 people JWS . What does the Bible say" WHO is the Father of the LIAR????"

But Jesus said "Forgive them they know not what they do."... Right on Jesus!!!!!!!!!!

• Cygnus
    Cygnus

I wonder how I'll react next time they knock on my door. As I've told here before, the last time had a young JW woman by herself, and I asked her if she thought that was dangerous, then yelled out to the "brother" who was walking by on the sidewalk that her knocking on doors by herself is pretty stupid and "you should know better!" I also enjoyed the one poster's fictional dialogue.

AA,

One user on JWD was brought out by a billboard that simply said, "607 BCE?!?" For me, that wouldn't have meant a thing. But it caught his eye, he did some research, and realized the 607 date was baloney. He got out.
    I dunno if you're referring to me, but yeah, in January of 1997 I was at a client's home. He happened to be Jewish and had a Hebrew timeline/chart and it had 586 BCE for the desolation of Solomon's temple and I thought, "That can't be right!" And down the slope I slipped.
  • willyloman
    willyloman

In all my years going door to door, I often met people who were clearly at peace... with themselves, their god, their religion or their outlook on life. It was always unsettling to me. I walked away wanting to envy them but arguing with myself that "I" was the one who had a monopoly on truth. It just didn't make sense. Until years later, I mean.

• pc
    pc

A funny side note. My dad who is a staunch JW and elderly called me tonight. I told him about the witness coming to my door. He said "oh what congregation were they from"? I said "you know dad I did'nt even mention that I was ever a JW, but probably Patterson". He didn't say anything just silence.

I am going to call him back another day and let it sneak in about all my decorations, just for the fun of it.

• theinfamousone
    theinfamousone

i told i was DF'ed once, they dont come anymore...now i wont live forever oh no.....

the infamous one

• Nate Merit
    Nate Merit

Four years ago a couple of Dubs were at my door. I hadn't opened it yet, so I grabbed a cardboard tube from off the floor (left over from wrapping wedding gifts) and stuck the tube at the edge of the closed door. Breathing very heavily and loudly I sounded exactly like Darth Vader. "What do you want?" I asked, doing a brilliant James Earl Jones. "We're Bible Students and we're.."

"NO!" I shouted. "You are Jehovah's Lickspittle Witnesses! I could smell you halfway down the street!"

"Have a good day sir, we..."

"NO! Wait while I get my light saber!"

Haven't been any Dubs here since.

Nate

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit