Benefits of being a Dub as a child

by pratt1 33 Replies latest jw experiences

• Frog
    Frog

being a dub kid was bloody hard work, and don't we all know it! Hard to think of an upside, but you gotta laugh in the end. Best memory of bein a dub kid was in grade-3 going up to the front of the class the day before 'Australia Day' or ANZAC day (can't remember which), to tell my hairy old bag of a teacher that I wouldn't be coming to school the next day because of the focus on nationalistic celebrations (I was great with big words at 7 when my folks put em in my mouth;), cause my folks told me I had to!! So what does my old hairy bag of a teach do?? well the only thing she can do of course, parade me in front of the class and make an example of me, saying that if anyone like frog doesn't turn up to school for patriotic celebrations that she'll send the police over to get us, and there's no use hiding under the bed! And do you think that the 3 other dub kids in my classroom got up and stood up for me, no flippinn way, and that's instant dub friends for ya;)

• Sheepish
    Sheepish

Hey Undercover you are not "whacked" at all. I really admire your plans. I hope you get to go through with it.

Welcome Tara Dawn. Glad you escaped! You don't have to take physical abuse like that, not in this day and age. Hope you visit here again, you are not alone.

Frog, your teacher was about the most insensitive Nazi-like "hairy old bag" I have ever heard about. Gads! My heart goes out to you.

I had good friends. We had a group of young adults who pioneered together, and we had our own private, made-up congregation. Seriously.We were always having fun and going out places, or to someones home to make food after service. I traveled across the country and had places to stay. I even went to Europe and stayed with "the friends". Instantly accepted in the KHs.

I learned a lot from the JWs...I had a really good moral base from the Bible. I knew a lot of Bible, so even now (after re-learning some scripture they mistranslated) it is useful to me.One of the biggest things I learned was how to stand up for what I believe in-no matter what. I sat outside the classroom for every Birthday party and holiday celebration, I stood there not saluting the flag...but it made me strong. I made a big point of telling my mom that because of her teaching me to stand up for what I knew was right no matter what, I had to leave the organization. In retrospect, it must have really haunted her to think she gave me the keys to the escapemobile!

• damselfly
    damselfly

I can think of no benefits for me being a JW child. My so called "instant JW friends" ratted me out every chance they could get. It was up to me to speak up reagrding what we could and could not do as JW kids. It was very damaging to mental health.

HI, Tara Dawn and welcome! I'm sending you a pm, I live in Nova Scotia.

Dams

• Soledad
    Soledad

I can't think of one damn thing that was positive about being a JW kid

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit