too stupid for words

by peacefulpete 35 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• stillconcerned
    stillconcerned

i hope, at 94 yoa, i have the backbone to tell meddlers to 'mineyobidness'... :)

• lonelysheep
    lonelysheep

That's ridiculous!

• Darth Yhwh
    Darth Yhwh

Hey, just remember, it's easy to be critical. If those elders let the 95 year olds to be together unchaperoned then everyone else will throw that in their face. Young teenagers will be saying "well you didn't have a problem with brother X and sister Y spending so much time together!" They've got to draw a line somewhere, dont they?

The American Heritage Dictionary of the English Language defines chaperon as follows

Chaperon: n. One, esp. and older woman, who for propriety accompanies young unmarried people in public. v. To act as chaperon to or for.

Unbelievable!

• Utopian_Raindrops
    Utopian_Raindrops

For pity’s sake!!

In our area there is a quadriplegic that has to inform the elders every time a man is going to be alone with her in her home.

It is unbelievable!

She needs help with everything….she can’t even scratch her aqq but if a man is going to say spend the night in the guest room so he can maybe do repairs and winterize her home she has to call the elders and ask. She tells them which brother it is and why he is staying…etc.

Also she doesn’t like to use male caregivers but there have been a few emergencies where all that was available was a man to do the very personal things she needs done. The elder’s answer to this….No! She has to lay all night or day waiting till a woman can be found…..and please…..not a sister….the sisters are busy in the “Field Service” “Serving Jehovah”. Do not bother the sisters to stop and wash a “Spiritual Family Member’s” Feet!

It just makes me sick……to top it off in this sister’s case if a person who helps her often wishes they can sign up with the state to receive a pay check! So if one wants to do their “Christian Duty” they can even get a small monetary recompense for their act of “Christian Kindness”.

In our area now there are so many Jehovah’s Witnesses that a new sister could be with her at her home every hour and not have to return for a month…maybe more.

At least in this sister’s case a lot of the friends like to give lip service and call her all the time! So she is not completely lonely as may be the elderly sister you are telling us about Pete.

• bavman
    bavman

Hey Will, Sorry to hear this. I remember your wife's great grandmother as she was in the congregation I grew up in. Very sweet lady. I would be curious to know who the man friend is. I also wonder who the elders were involved...hmmm....perhaps my Dad? In any case, this really pisses me off. And to think, I at one time thought those elders were so wonderful. Of course, they are just following the society's lead. Geez, the stupidity. Bunch of ***holes I say!

• peacefulpete
    peacefulpete

She moved over by us Bav.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit