Ritsfield Victory!

by silentlambs 115 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• jurs
    jurs

I have tried to stay out of this thread but I can't hold my tongue any longer.
    Mommy, This is nothing personal against you. You seem like a nice lady with good intentions but your missing the boat on this one.
    You said that it is unfair to label a child molester a pedophile when he has ONLY molested once. You've implied that you also don't think its fair that they should spend the rest of their lives paying for that crime against that child.
    I have a big pet peeve against do gooders who think they are so nice and holier than thou when they cry for , light a candle for, and defend a child molester saying Its not fair, Give them a second chance. (excuse me while I puke).
    Do you realize its people like you who let these guys go free so they can go and rape and molest another child.
    I for one , don't really give a crap about being FAIR to any child molester. I'd rather focus my energy and SUPPORT to a victim. They have to live with the crime committed against them for the rest of their life. It doesn't bother me a bit if the molester has to pay for his crime the rest of his life. He made that choice.
    Even if that perpertraitor was himself a victim it still doesn't make it ok. He's dangerous. Most if not all child molesters have more than 1 victim.
    No one gets a pat on the back from me for defending a child molester. You may think your being kind and forgiving but you may just be enabling a molester to hurt another child.
    Theres my 2 cents on the subject.
    Jurs

• Billygoat
    Billygoat
    Billygoat: If you had spent any time considering my comments, you would have seen that my first paragraph was a reasoned, logical response to Waiting, who had told me to mind my own business. And yes, this tread had turned into a bloodlust celebration, which disgusts me.

MadApostate,

I understand what your whole post said. I read it in it's entirety. I guess the reason why I made my comment:

I believe since this is a public discussion board that NOBODY has an obligation to stay out of a "conversation". It is a public conversation by simply being posted. So please let me take a moment to be a "Ms. Buttinsky"...

The reason I addressed it to you is because I didn't want you to tell me to butt out like you did with waiting. Your comment caught my attention because of all the ALL CAPS (screaming) and foul language. That's all.

Thus, why not take your own advice given further down in you post, AND STAY THE FUCK OUT OF THIS DISCUSSION!!!

I don't feel like I've been hysterical at any point in this thread. Emotional? Hell, yes. Obviously this topic hits home for me. Were others emotional? Of course. It's hits home for them too.

My problem with some of the posts here are this. I got the feeling that some posters were trying to invalidate the emotions of my experience. That because I've been raped myself that I cannot think rationally. How insane! I think I probably think more rationally because I HAVE experienced it. If you have NOT experienced it, then it's difficult to understand ALL perspectives. Does that make sense?

I work very hard at not getting too emotional on this board. I've said things that the moment they are out of my mouth, I regret saying them. I know how much damage can be caused by them. So I reign in what I say and how I say it. (Posting on a discussion board has it's benefit, because you can read your words before you actually 'say' them.) But I think it important that people address the issue instead of making personal attacks at the person. I don't agree with your insult to Tina. Your words had nothing to do with the issue. This board obviously has a history of personal attacks, but I'd like to think that we are maturing in our methods of arguing by addressing the issue.

If anyone thinks that I am "bloodthirsty" for Erica's abuser, I think they're wrong. I don't have to be bloodthirsty. The courts took care of him the way the courts should. Do I rejoice? Yes, without a doubt. Why? Because the courts decision is one thing that will immensely help Erica in her recovery. Knowing you can live your life without the abuser still walking the streets is a comforting thought. There are more abusers out there, but we can only take care of them one at a time. This is one less one we have to worry about today.

If there is anything I've said that has hurt someone's feelings or made them feel as if I were minimizing their feelings - I apologize. I hate it when that's done to me. But I guess on this subject we'll just have to agree to disagree.

Andi

• waiting
    waiting

Hey Billy and/or Andi,

You go girl. And that was not a hysterical response from an over-emotional rape/incest victim/survivor. It was from an old woman. Your points are well worded and thought out.

The courts took care of him the way the courts should. Do I rejoice? Yes, without a doubt. Why? Because the courts decision is one thing that will immensely help Erica in her recovery

There's another reason that Erica winning her court case is so important to her, imho. Validation. Someone, (in this case a whole jury) particularily in authority positions, agreed and believed her.

Then those believers decided that the man who did this to her deserved to be behind bars - they fought for her.

Few victims/survivors will experience this in their lives. Many more will be silent, out of choice or necessity, and it will tend to eat their minds and hearts away. Many will speak, but without benefit of proof, therefore, not much of a court case.

Some of us are very envious of what Erica was able to acheive. Victory and Validation. Doesn't take the place for innocence damned, but it's a start.

waiting

• Billygoat
    Billygoat

waiting,

You go girl. And that was not a hysterical response from an over-emotional rape/incest victim/survivor. It was from an old woman.

Are you calling me old???

Andi

• waiting
    waiting

Ahhhhhhhh,

Old and senile to boot.

You go girl. And that was not a hysterical response from an over-emotional rape/incest victim/survivor. It was from an old woman.

That response - You go girl - was from an old woman -------me.

Duh.

waiting

• Michael3000
    Michael3000

That is wonderful news! There is much more to be done, but it's always good to have legal precedents set for future cases! All the best to Erica and her family, we know she has a lot of healing to do still - but support is available. God bless...

--Michael Sidoti

"Any day spent NOT knocking on doors is a good day!"

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit