If absolute proof proved the bible Jesus true....would you be happy?

by gumby 57 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• gumby
    gumby
    I am sorry Gumby

No need to be sorry gringojj....I'm just a neutral party here

Kid.....what's buddah got to offer better than eternity with a cool guy like Jesus?

Gumby

• ithinkisee
    ithinkisee

Tetrapod .... I was telling my wife how great your posts are ... but I think your avatar is scaring her off ...

-ithinkisee

• tetrapod.sapien
    tetrapod.sapien

he he, sorry. i'll change it.

TS

• gumby
    gumby

Here.....use this one.

Gumby

• tetrapod.sapien
    tetrapod.sapien

all work and no play makes jack a dull boy. all work and no play makes jack a dull boy. all work and no play makes jack a dull boy. all work and no play makes jack a dull boy. all work and no play makes jack a dull boy. all work and no play makes jack a dull boy. all work and no play makes jack a dull boy. all work and no play makes jack a dull boy. all work and no play makes jack a dull boy. all work and no play makes jack a dull boy. all work and no play makes jack a dull boy. all work and no play makes jack a dull boy. all work and no play makes jack a dull boy. all work and no play makes jack a dull boy. all work and no play makes jack a dull boy. all work and no play makes jack a dull boy. all work and no play makes jack a dull boy. all work and no play makes jack a dull boy. all work and no play makes jack a dull boy. all work and no play makes jack a dull boy. all work and no play makes jack a dull boy. all work and no play makes jack a dull boy. all work and no play makes jack a dull boy. all work and no play makes jack a dull boy. all work and no play makes jack a dull boy. all work and no play makes jack a dull boy. all work and no play makes jack a dull boy. all work and no play makes jack a dull boy. all work and no play makes jack a dull boy. all work and no play makes jack a dull boy. all work and no play makes jack a dull boy. all work and no play makes jack a dull boy.

• AlmostAtheist
    AlmostAtheist
    all work and no play makes jack a dull boy. all work and no ...

Some sort of atheist version of Hail Mary's? You doing some penance, Tetra?

• AlmostAtheist
    AlmostAtheist
    Lets for the sake of conversation say that absolute historical documentation was found that the man Jesus was everything the New Testement says he is.

I'm not sure I could blithely dismiss a dude that could raise the dead, float off into the sky, and all that. If there was absolute proof that he existed and all the [contradictory?] stories about him were true, I'd have to reevaluate my position.

There is some merit to the "maybe God has a good reason for letting bad things happen and you just don't know what it is" argument. I can't always explain myself to my son. I'm right, but I can't explain it in a way that he can get his head around. I could buy that God's in the same position. But only if I had something to work with. A miracle -- or absolute proof of a miracle -- would be a good step in that direction.

Dave

• gumby
    gumby
    A miracle -- or absolute proof of a miracle -- would be a good step in that direction.

• Frogleg
    Frogleg

Happy? I think you're asking if the number 19 is better than 8. To a great extent, whether JC was real or not doesn't matter. However, what he supposedly said and did and became and so on, embodies the ultimate hope of what we (the human race) could be, and maybe by it just being imaginable we might get there. Some day. The gringo is right, JC has much to answer for, and if he can't get it expressed in a way that I can grasp, well, that's number one on the list. If the owner of a theater in Tulsa Ok. has the fire escape evacuation route written in Egyptian Sanscrit, and people get killed in a fire because they couldn't understand the directions, the theater owner doesn't get off because, "Well, I printed the fire escape plan!" Would I change anything in my life if I get a telegram tomorrow that says:

"Dear Frog,

Yes!

Signed, God"

not really. What would be the point?

• gumby
    gumby

You guys are takin all the fun outta my thread......ya bastards! Not one taker! Poop on ya then

Gumby

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit