If absolute proof proved the bible Jesus true....would you be happy?

by gumby 57 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• gumby
    gumby

This question is obviously directed at the un-bible believer.

Lets for the sake of conversation say that absolute historical documentation was found that the man Jesus was everything the New Testement says he is. We can assume the O. T. has some myth mixed in, but Jesus was for real.

Would you be happy? Would you follow him? How far? Church? Silently? Openly?

How about habits/lifestyle? Would yoube bummed you may have to change some stuff?.....or would you be so elated you've found the answers to life (for the most part) and be more than happy to conform to whatever your heart now led you to believe you should do in view of the bible offered reward?

Gumby

• tetrapod.sapien
    tetrapod.sapien

regardless of the degree in which the question could be interpreted, i would still not re-convert to xianity.

even if jesus were all the nice things the OT says he is, there is still no justification for animal (incl humans) suffering with a god like that. threats of hellfire would only drive me farther away from him.

the two dimensional jesus is a person that i like. a rebel. a free thinker. an apostate. but his other dimension in history, and suffering and nature, leave the NT jesus sadly short in my books.

the more we learn about the universe and nature, philosophical implications and all, the more absurd xianity seems to me. the less we need something like that.

if jesus did exist, he would have a lot of freaking explaining to do. until he shows, his followers have the burden.

tetragod

• acuragirl
    acuragirl

I am aligned with tet on this question.

• gringojj
    gringojj

Sorry that last post from acuragrl was from me I was logged on as my wife. I am aligned with tet. As for acuragrl she is unsure at this point on anything.

• DanTheMan
    DanTheMan

I'd say, ok, so what's he been doing up there all this time? And which of the thousands of sects is practicing xtianity the right way? Is there a right way? What does it even mean to "follow Jesus"? You'd still get a bunch of opinionated, self-serving answers to those questions.

• IP_SEC
    IP_SEC

Im tight wit Jebus, that'd be coo.

• gumby
    gumby

Dan...my son......if you truely KNEW he existed....wouldn't you spend some time trying to figure out his delay...and maybe figure their was a good reason somehow?

even if jesus were all the nice things the OT says he is, there is still no justification for animal (incl humans) suffering with a god like that. threats of hellfire would only drive me farther away from him.

Tetrapod ye bastard......I said we can take the O.T. as a lot of baloney....we'll say the scribes added some stuff.....and....... Jesus really never taught the hell we think of, but used only illustrations for shock value let's say.

Gumby

• kid-A
    kid-A

Nope......I would still prefer the Buddha....way cooler philosophy!!

• gringojj
    gringojj

I am sorry Gumby but look in the empty eyes of a raped, beaten, and tortured 10 year old girl.

Tell me if you see a loving god who sits back and lets this happen.

You can justify it all the different ways out there I have heard them all.

The bottom line is even if there was a god, I could never respect them.

• tetrapod.sapien
    tetrapod.sapien

OT or NT, my answer remains the same.

tetratard (the ass who was beat and then spoke)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit