Rollercoaster Ride

by PoppyR 18 Replies latest jw experiences

• anglise
    anglise

Hi PoppyR

Yes it is a roller coaster ride exiting from such a high control group.

As you where born into it you have never experienced the roller coaster ride to get in.

Yes a lot of JW's stay in purely for the social or family aspects. Unhappily many ignore the spectre of the blood issue until too late.

The big danger comes when that social club expects you or your loved ones to die rather than question their rules. The blood issue is something I personally think you really must research for your own satisfaction QUICKLY.

Anglise

• Shania
    Shania

Hi Poppy, I want you to know it is like opening Pandora's Box when you begin to read and research the WTS...............see like you I was raised in the cult, I hated every moment of it but was forced.........then I thought can't escape so make the best of it, met my hubby married and children, family fully into the organizations...........so there you have it............but then we began questioning the "hide the molester" policy.........that did not set well with us, then started researching the beginnings of this organization.........not starting with Able as the witnesses always say....but with Charles T. Russell. You know if he was a witness today, HE WOULD BE DISFELLOWSHIPPED. Isn't that interesting, the Founder of our Faith today would be put out for his independent wrong thinking. So there you have it Poppy, just start reading and you will be amazed at what you learn that THEY don't want you to know.................WHO SAYS THE WITNESS HAVE A MONOPOLY ON GOD? of yeah THE FDS SAYS THEY DO...................remember they are just old men in the ivory tower who are obsessed with the power that comes from being the GOVERNING BODY...................

• Legolas
    Legolas

And just think ...Some of the money that people are giving to the halls every meeting are going to protect pedophiles!

Do you know that they own 50% shares of a company that makes engines for war crafts?

It is just a money making business...and that is IT!

• Gretchen956
    Gretchen956

Welcome, Poppy! I was raised a third generation witness, but left about fourteen years before I found this site. I can tell you I wish I had had it then! Honestly I don't know how soon I would have been ready to read it, like you and like everyone else in the cult I was terrified of apostates. After you find out the first lie you can legitimately question everything. Research, dig, learn, its fun and you'll find your own path.

Blessings,

Sherry

• AK - Jeff
    AK - Jeff

Welcome Poppy.

Like all discussion boards, this one may contain it's share of those who will offend or even attack at times. Some might even lie, who knows.

But the majority of those I have encountered here are honest, intellectual persons who have truly escaped mind control. Like me!

Wifey and I left two years back after lifetimes in the organization. We did not leave on whimsy. We have checked out the sources, we have done the work. We were in shock, agony, dismay, ecstasy, joy, fear, disappointment, pain, euphoria. You name it, we have felt it.

The concept that the organization is God's only people is a hard one to leave. Security is replaced with fear of what the future holds. The answers are not black and white anymore.

Do the work. Check and prove for yourself what you see here or anywhere on the internet.

The best cure is to understand the illness. You had it - we had it. It was subjection to a cause without support. I wish you well on your journey. Lean on us - we all had to do that too. I still lean on these fine people often to hold up.

BTW - reading Ray's books will be an experience you will not forget. I honestly state that I feel as though I owe that man my life - May God bless your efforts.

Jeff

• PoppyR
    PoppyR

I suppose we all have our own personal demons and reasons that motivate us to do more research. The blood issue has never been a problem for me and I would never take a blood transfusion witness or not. But that's because I have done my research!! I have very close contact with the medical profession. The things that are very important to me are if I feel the FDS have deliberately misled the masses to aid their own plans. And mainly if what I have always believed to be the truth is not true!! Bit like being shaken to the core when you find out someone you loved and trusted has been cheating on you for years. You just feel stupid. And that's how I'm feeling right now, But I still have major doubts on both sides, doubts the truth is the truth, and doubts it's not. But I suppose that's natural, what I love about this place is the fact everyone not only wants me to research and find out for myself, nobody tries to put across their interpretation..You apostates are a lot like the ancient boreans..lol, who examined the scriptures daily to see that these things were so!

Poppy x

• bull01lay
    bull01lay

Hi Poppy - glad you made it to the board...

I really know what you mean when you say "I carried on going mainly I think out of fear that if I didn't.. and Armageddon came tomorrow, next week or next year like I was SURE it would"... I still have nightmares about Armageddon, although they are getting less... I think the Whisky is starting to streamline those brain cells....!

This board has helped my thinking alot - the first time my wife spoke of the Witnesses being a Cult, I nearly bit her head off! Now - stepping back and looking at the typical behaviour of such cults, I see that she was right, just as so many of the posters on this board are! It's just another mind frig to keep you in subjection.

You've done well making it this far - hope you keep searching!!

Bull!

• jeeprube
    jeeprube
    even though the 'organisation' is imperfect, it is nearer than most.

I wonder if the money changers at the temple didn't tell themselves the same thing?

• cskyjw.sun
    cskyjw.sun

i also have that rollercoaster ride

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit