The person who brought you into the "lie"

by pratt1 21 Replies latest jw experiences

• pratt1
    pratt1

Just wondering, is the person who studied with you still an active Dub?

In a poll with a few of my friends, all who studied with either us or our parents are now not considered dubs.

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

an elder and regular pioneer in fact the SO

• riko
    riko

I didn't get the choice as I was raised in it, but the couple who brought my parents in are still active JWs although less righteous and a little jaded these days...who could blame them

• 95stormfront
    95stormfront

Yes.....I'm sure he is. He was an elder in the congregation, well respected amongst his peers. One of the elders in that congregation is, in fact, now a CO.

• tetrapod.sapien
    tetrapod.sapien

well, technically my mom and the people she studied with brought me into the truth. and they are all still in, and in my wife's hall.

the person that they got to study with me, is still a bethel elder here in canada.

the others who studied with me (my mom was a single mom, so got other people to study with me), i have no idea about. we didn't keep in touch. i could tell they really didn't care about me that much.

TS

• Utopian_Raindrops
    Utopian_Raindrops

Our “Spiritual Grandfather” just passed away recently. It was sad not to be able to attend his Memorial.

Our “Spiritual Grandmother” is still a very strong Jehovah’s Witness and yes all involved in bring my family into the so called “ Truth” are still active and going strong.

They were all prominent here and part of bringing “The Truth” to our area. There were no Jehovah’s Witnesses in our area till our “Spiritual Grandparents” were converted by one of “The Annointed” who used to come out here and preach “Where The Need Is Great”.

We used to be so proud or our ”Spiritual Heritage”. Still now we are more proud to be living the true “Real Life” now instead of living the lie taught to us by “An Angel Of Light”.

Many Blessings Everyone and “HAPPY SAWHAIN”!!!

• ChrisVance
    ChrisVance

As far as I know mrs. kessel, the woman who used to be my mother, is still a steadfast, dyed-in-wool dub.

• TopHat
    TopHat

She must be long gone by now as she would be over 90 years old...I moved away and didn't keep in touch.

• thom
    thom

I'm told that the woman (a pioneer) who called on and studied with my grandmother left "the truth" just a few years after my grandmother and my father were baptised.
    That would have been in the 1950's.

• greendawn
    greendawn

They are both in he and his wife and he got to be a head of a Bethel branch since 20 years now. That's what he was striving for back then slavishly working as a pioneer to impress his masters and get a good position in the org not that he really cared about helping people spiritually.

He was a clown telling me that the end should definitely come before the 1980's were out. Now his then beautiful 30 year old wife is 60 and unrecognizable and the end is still to come.

I suppose they realised by now that it will never come it was all down to clever WTS mind games to create a sense of time shortage and urgency to pressure people to move along fast without properly examining what they were being fed.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit