The person who brought you into the "lie"

by pratt1 21 Replies latest jw experiences

• DanTheMan
    DanTheMan

The JW girl that I met in Community College back in 1991 was disfellowshipped shortly after I got baptized in '93. As far as I know, she never went back, but she was a very weak-minded person so she may be a JW again now, I don't know. She and her family were a pretty messy bunch.

• Finally-Free
    Finally-Free

The pioneer™ who studied with me has been a JW for 25 years. He quit college one year before getting his engineering degree and started pioneering™. Now, 25 years later, I still drive by him every Tuesday morning as he's cleaning the same windows on the same street as he was 25 years ago. I guess Armageddon wasn't just around the corner after all.

Very sad.

W

• caz
    caz

The person responsible for introducing me to the the "truth" just recently killed himself, so I guess the answer is a resounding, NO!!!!!!!

" Oh listen to me and the truth will set you free".......Yeah right!!!!!!

CaZ

• Forscher
    Forscher

That person died a few years ago. She was the last of my maternal Aunts and the only other Dub in my family before I married. You could probably say she was the only reason I didn't leave earlier.

• JH
    JH

The one who brought me into the lie is still lying to himself and to others.

• Darth Yhwh
    Darth Yhwh

I was born into the "truth" by my mother. She was born into the "truth" by her mother. What I want to know is who brought my Grandmother and Grandfather to the "truth".

• GentlyFeral
    GentlyFeral

Well, several people studied with me. I've lost track of two of them, but I believe one died "faithful" and another is still an active dub. The first person who studied with me died bitter over the congregation's callous response to some financial reverses he suffered. But still, technically, a JW.

But as to the first person who ever witnessed to me – No, indeed!

He married me the day after my baptism and DA'd with me about ten years ago! :D

GentlyFeral

• dedpoet
    dedpoet

The person I studied with is now in prison. He was convicted of child sexual assault, including four counts of rape, in March this year, and sentenced to seven and a half years imprisonment. I am unsure as to whether he is still a jw or not, maybe he has studies in jail, I neither know nor care really.

• Legolas
    Legolas

Yes I believe she still is!

• greendawn
    greendawn

If the truth liberates then the lie enslaves and we all know that the dubs are an enslaved lot. The WTS gave them a lie that enslaved them and they live daily in a state of emotional pressure and anguish.

There is a price to be paid for accepting and associating with false prophets that teach a false gospel.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit