Posted rumors require proof to be believed

by Lady Lee 35 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• Lady Lee
    Lady Lee
    I just asked around for some real reason to purchase the book.. I do alot of work with in the publishing industry so it would be asking alot to "read another" book. So far I have read tons of peoples responses about this book as "life changing" etc.... but not one person could give me any real SHOCK AND AWE or reason for why. I really like hearing your personal opinons and thoughts about your experiences thank you for sharing them.

Much of the information in the book has been published on JWD and on many other websites. I think the value in reading the book is that it was the first time anyone got to read about the workings of the governing body(GB). Ray wrote some things that no one except the GB ever got to see or hear.

It was through his book that the whole Mexico/Malawi incident came out.

And it is one thing to sit here and read on the net. It is quite another to actually read the book and find the truth about the GB and how it works.

His account is respectful and honest and it shows through on every page. He wasn't out to demonize the men he had worked beside for most of his life. I think it was one of the most powerful GB myth exploders I have ever read and it answered many questions about just how this org is run and controlled

• Simon
    Simon
    Are you saying in your post above that you can go through our pm's? I did not know this, if the answer is yes. It is good to be informed of this. Thank you.

Yes, as system administrator then I can go through PMs if someone claims they are receiving abusive messages for instance. I normally have much better things to do though with my time though !

If any forum administrator claims that they cannot ... they are lying. This is a feature of generally available forum software and IMO a legal requirement in order to deal with claims of inappropriate behaviour. Read the terms on MSN, Yahoo etc...

• greendawn
    greendawn

Obviously a high standard of proof is necessary before one accepts a claim as valid and sources have to be documented otherwise even when invoking the need for privacy for the sources all sense of validity regarding their alleged claims will be greatly diminished.

As for that Russell thread what that poster was trying to say was that there is no conclusive direct evidence that he was a mason but a lot of circumstantial evidence that if taken together almost proves that he was a mason.

• Lady Lee
    Lady Lee
    a lot of circumstantial evidence that if taken together almost proves

What I might accept as proof might include circumstantial evidence but if we ever want to use the information solid proof must be available

almost proves is just not good enough when dealing with the WTS

• FairMind
    FairMind
    An ex-JW urban legend I'd like to see die, die die is the rumor that there are satanic child-sacrificing covens in the basement of some Kingdom Halls.

I know an ex-JW sister (Mary W.) who says she witnessed such going ons. Her claim was that her parents were both JWs and members of a Satanic Cult and they would break into KHs at night to perform their evil deeds. Mary also heard voices and claimed to at times be demon possessed. My opinion is that Mary believed everything she said but that none of it was true. The exception being that she heard voices since she later was diagnosed as a schizophrenic.

• jgnat
    jgnat

That I can understand, fairmind. My son, at the height of his schizophrenic delusion, calmly described how the invisible flying robots were lasering his back muscles. They were invisible, you see, by way of cleverly positioned mirrors that adjusted as you looked at them. He doesn't talk about the invisible robots any more, but I am pretty sure he still believes in them.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit