Posted rumors require proof to be believed

by Lady Lee 35 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

sorry Lady Lee - do you want me to move it to a separate thread?

• Lady Lee
    Lady Lee

no stilla

unless of course you want comments on it

I have sat here since the thread went astray wondering if I should delete the whole thing and start over

• Leolaia
    Leolaia

No, I think some very good points have been made here and the thread has mostly kept on target.

Here is a little refresher on how the Society characterizes what "apostates" say:

*** w86 3/15 p. 20 Allow No Place for the Devil! ***

Therefore, resolve in your heart that you will never even touch the poison that apostates want you to sip. Heed the wise but firm commands of Jehovah to avoid completely those who would deceive you, mislead you, turn you aside into the ways of death.

*** g98 1/8 p. 12 How You Can Cope With the Information Age ***

Apostates also create Web sites to catch the naive. Extreme caution is necessary when the Internet is used, and certainly parents should closely supervise any of their children who may be using it.

*** km 11/99 p. 4 Use of the Internet—Be Alert to the Dangers! ***

Other individuals have disowned the truth because of believing information provided by apostates. (1 Tim. 4:1, 2) Given these very serious dangers, does it not seem reasonable to be cautious about becoming involved in chat sessions on the Internet?

*** w02 9/15 p. 17 Keep Practicing the Things You Have Learned ***

Satan tries to break our integrity through the sowing of doubts about what we have been taught. Today, as in the first century, apostates and others seek to destroy the faith of guileless ones. (Galatians 2:4; 5:7, 8) Sometimes they use the media to spread distorted information or even outright lies about the methods and motives of Jehovah’s people.

Lady Lee's point is a very important one....we don't want to act the role that the Society has crafted for us.

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

Lady Lee's point is a very important one....we don't want to act the role that the Society has crafted for us.

100% agree

• steve2
    steve2

I think Lady Lee's comments are valid and I have not interpreted them as being used in a personal way against anyone.

The JWs tend to believe whatever is broadcast from the platform or published in the literature - which is fine, I suppose, if verifying claims is not a high priority.

I like that JWD provides an opportunity to evaluate people's claims. Yes, I accept that there may be instances in which privacy and confidentiality prevent more details being given. But that's the cost of having one's claims accepted - because like it or not, one of the easiest things to do on the internet is to make unsubstantiated claims and expect people to just accept them.

Sorry, guys, this isn't the Watchtower or the kingdom hall.

• Lady Lee
    Lady Lee

For the longest time (almost 40 years) I had heard the rumors that Russell was a child molester. I had serious dissonance regarding that while I was a JW. But watching the truth come out here on this forum was an awesome experience.

Now we have the whole issue of Masons and the Illuminati, So far no one has any real proof. There are things that may seem to point in a general direction but "seems to be" is not fact.

If it isn't provable then it is still rumor.

Now with a few leads each lead can be checked out and either confirmed or denied. And until new info comes along it remains rumor.

I was browsing another thread and a poster said "I know Russell was a Mason". How? What evidence - good solid evidence is there to this "knowing"? If you have it- please share it.

Believe me the WTS has enough skeltons in the closet without us turning rumors into supposed facts.

When the whole UN thing started coming out people insisted on facts. What is provable? And more than one determined person wrote to the UN to get the facts. And they got them!!!

Was Russell a Mason? I haven't got a clue.

Was he part of the illuminati? Haven't got a clue

Did Russell have an affair with someone? I haven't got a clue about that one either.

Does any of the above have any effect on my belief that the WTS is not the bearer of all truth?

Not really. If proven then it is only confirmation of what I already know. The WTS is corrupt at the top levels and has to do a lot of damage control to continue to hide the real truth from its members

• jgnat
    jgnat

clear2c, I don't mind seeing urban legends documented or exposed. My allergy, you could say, is generic.

I drink aspartame-laced drinks, eat in aluminum pans and use aluminum oxide anti-perspirant.

An ex-JW urban legend I'd like to see die, die die is the rumor that there are satanic child-sacrificing covens in the basement of some Kingdom Halls. Simon rightfully deleted those threads and blocked that poster.

• sf
    sf

Lee,

It's a valid thread. I'm in favor of it staying, as is.

then PM the info to sf and they can post the info. And they can leave your name out of it.

And this applies to every rumor, suggestion, or direct proof.by anyone regarding things you have heard. They don't need to be all sent to sf (wouldn't want to drown one person with all the info).

Please, I'm flattered. Yet, I ask that the readers refrain from doing this. I have a passion for research on the WTBTS yet am in no way an expert or one to turn to with rumor, suggestions or direct proof. I'd put that into others hands.

I certainly appreciate your intentions in your suggestion Lee. And thank you.

Simon, [ edited to include quote ]

Final chance: PM me the details or I will go through your PMs myself and if I find you have been talking bullshit then I will tell everyone.

Are you saying in your post above that you can go through our pm's? I did not know this, if the answer is yes. It is good to be informed of this. Thank you.

sKally

• clear2c
    clear2c

Lady Lee, and jgnat I like your posts and fiind them interesting and fair for the most part :) just being new around here I found this site doing a web search over at amazon and came up with the "Ray Franz" book after browsing several posts about this book I just asked around for some real reason to purchase the book.. I do alot of work with in the publishing industry so it would be asking alot to "read another" book. So far I have read tons of peoples responses about this book as "life changing" etc.... but not one person could give me any real SHOCK AND AWE or reason for why. I really like hearing your personal opinons and thoughts about your experiences thank you for sharing them.

Gnat: "An ex-JW urban legend I'd like to see die, die die is the rumor that there are satanic child-sacrificing covens in the basement of some Kingdom Halls. Simon rightfully deleted those threads and blocked that poster."

I aggree with his decision to do that tottaly... my opioin is that people come here for the most part to HEAL through knowing the facts and knowing there are others here trying to HEAL also and move on with their lifes... personally if some one interjects something into a thread I dont like I just click out!. and move to a more positive thread.

thank you all for sharing :) Jgnat, and Leolaia, Lady Lee I especially like reading your posts :)

• Lady Lee
    Lady Lee

sKally

The comment was made on another thread and then pasted here. I guess I forgot to do a bit of edoting. Your request for some proof was valid, hence my remark. And while I just read your request agaon for the same proof I beleive you are very correct to require proof.

On the other hand I made the comment and didn't want people to think they should send all their rumors to you to investigate. That is why I qualified the post

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit