Posted rumors require proof to be believed

by Lady Lee 35 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• Simon
    Simon
    Hello Can we get back on topic please?

K, sorry

• Sam the Man
    Sam the Man

Jesus Simon, talk about jumping to conclusions mate !!!!

• Leolaia
    Leolaia

I think a good example of verifying "rumors" is the recent Rose Ball thread.

http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/8/75868/1.ashx

There we researched the issue and confirmed with proof that Rose Ball was not a minor at the time Russell was claimed to have made advances to her. Thus, it was shown that he was not a "child molestor" as had been claimed (falsely) for many years. At the same time, it showed that the Society's own claims (even Russell's) that she was a minor at the time were lies.

Last year's Bonnie Boyd & Berta Teel thread, while not substantiating the main claims about Rutherford's women, greatly strengthened the credibility of the main source of information on Teel.

Now if only the many "Russell was a Mason" threads could also submit similar evidence.

• Lady Lee
    Lady Lee

Leolaia

I was thinking of you as one of the great researchers on this board. I know that if you were given a lead you would follow it as far as possible until a new piece of info was found.

In both threads you mentioned it was amazing to watch the drama unfold and the puzzle pieces fall into place.

And I thank you for all the work you did at uncovering the truth.

Now I want more

• Lady Lee
    Lady Lee

Leolaia

I just had a thought about the Rose Ball discussion and the research you found

How long do you think it will take the WTS to use your research to prove Russell wasn't a child molester?

• clear2c
    clear2c

Lady lee, it is only a matter of time before people start documenting there experiences with video for actual proof. Altho this will probably never result in anyone in the WTS ivory tower getting caught doing things they know to be wrong (their hiding). It will however have an effect on rogue rank and file and and elders trying to get away with things...

Just my 2c :)

Having posted several threads about urban legend here JWD, I really dont understand that comment? your allergic to urban legends? ... and you use that site to somehow verify them.... I checked that link and there does not seem to be any JW specific info? whats wrong with urban legends? dont you think that some threads should be started about JW UNWRITTEN RULES? just to see how many there are out there?

• Leolaia
    Leolaia

Lady Lee....I doubt very much they would use it because it is their own claim since Russell's time that Rose Ball was just a child. That is to say, in order to defuse Mrs. Russell's claim that Charles had an inappropriate relationship with Rose, Rutherford and the Society after him said that this was not possible because Rose was a child at the time. For those who believe Mrs. Russell, the Society's claim was the source of the new claim that Russell was a pedophile. The Society could retract their old lie about Rose Ball, in order to prove that Charles was no child molester, but such a retraction would only show that Rutherford and Russell before him was not honest about the matter. If Russell was completely innocent of the matter, why would they lie about it on his behalf?

BTW, those threads were great colloborative efforts, featuring the great research talents of Barbara Anderson, Athanasius, Merry Magdalene, the great Farkel, and many, many others.

• Lady Lee
    Lady Lee
    BTW, those threads were great colloborative efforts, featuring the great research talents of Barbara Anderson, Athanasius, Merry Magdalene, the great Farkel, and many, many others.

100% agree on that

After I posted above I realized that the WTS would probably sweep the whole thing under the carpet anyways. Especially since they have no use for the old light. What would be the point of telling people the truth if they never knew the issue had been raised to begin with

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

Is this all because of the Service Meeting on Thursday? There was an item in the kingdom ministry about the dangers of the internet. In our Kingdom Hall they discussed the Internet and sexual predators at length and mentioned a recent circuit assembly where the District Overseer went on and on about the internet without mentioning specific sites. The Circuit Assembly and the Service Meeting discussed that apostate sites and others for JWs were used by non-JWs to date non-married JW sisters and also by sexual predators.

So I am sorry about innuendos etc. but the rumors were started by the Watchtower society as a scare tactic on Thursadys Service meeting. PM me if anybody wants more detail

• Lady Lee
    Lady Lee

stilla

Is this all because of the Service Meeting on Thursday? There was an item in the kingdom ministry about the dangers of the internet. In our Kingdom Hall they discussed the Internet and sexual predators at length and mentioned a recent circuit assembly where the District Overseer went on and on about the internet without mentioning specific sites. The Circuit Assembly and the Service Meeting discussed that apostate sites and others for JWs were used by non-JWs to date non-married JW sisters and also by sexual predators.

This belongs in another thread and has nothing to do with this topic stilla. But even in the other thread I doubt it has anything to do with that topic either.

So I am sorry about innuendos etc. but the rumors were started by the Watchtower society as a scare tactic on Thursadys Service meeting. PM me if anybody wants more detail

Well we know the WTS loves to place a bit of fear into heads of JWs.

But I am trying so hard here to keep this on topic about the WTS' hiding their own dirt and that we need to be cvery careful about the rumor about the WTS and its involvement in some of the scandals we have come across. We don't need to spread rumors. We want facts that are provable by anyone who wants and knows how to find them

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit