Just got Home/Elder Dad just realized I'm Apostate

by MrMoe 37 Replies latest jw friends

• MrMoe
    MrMoe

Funny you metion they may never do anything, since I got a phone call last night and a pioneer sister wants to study with me casue my dad told her I need "encouragement?" Perhaps this stems from me telling my dad the bible commands us to test our faith?

P.S. Prisca ~ Maybe someday I will give my life experience, when I feel a litle less paranoid. ;p

• cyberguy
    cyberguy

I'm sorry to hear about this. I've been called an apostate too, but I played-it-down when two elders came calling. Actually, they had a bent on "keeping the congregation clean," which means finding enough evidence that you're a wicked person and in need of confronting a committee of three elders; when elders call, just remember that they're not there to help. Therefore, I would suggest that in the future you present your concerns as someone who had doubts, rather than presenting the Society as the evil empire that it is. This will prevent you from being kicked-out and in having your family connection severed. There's nothing that people can do to make you go to meetings or read the literature, but being DF'd or disassociated will have lasting ramifications with family ties that might not be bearable. I don't think you want that, but I sympathize with you having been there.

• MrMoe
    MrMoe

Thanks for the advice cyberguy, that what I did, made it appear just to be doubts I suppose. Anyhow, I used the scripture on testing my faith and so far, nothing. My dad even called to see if he could save me seats Sunday. I think I am gonna just stay the heck away from here on out, this way I can't be cut off from my friends or helping others.

Hugs to all of you.

• FreePeace
    FreePeace

Hey Mr. Moe,

I feel for what you are going through. Tracy (Think41Self) and I went through similar.

Since we live almost "right next door," why don't you give Tracy or me a call? We'd love to meet you somewhere (indiscreet if you wish) and maybe give some encouragement. Of course, anyone who knows Tracy understands that she is just dripping with optimism and happiness!

Send me an email at [email protected] and I'll send you my phone number.

Also, check out my TruthQuest website below, and read the article, "Who Am I? How to Reinvent Yourself After Leaving the WTS." It might help.

All my best, and look forward to talking with you and hopefully meeting you soon.

Doug

"The World is my country, and to do good, my religion." --Thomas Paine

Visit my Websites:
    TruthQuest: http://beam.to/truthquest

Empower the Spirit: http://www.EmpowerTheSpirit.com

• MrMoe 2
    MrMoe 2

You have mail FreePeace.

P.S. (to all of you:) I feel for the 1st time in my life that there are people who actually care about me and don't judge me. Thanks to all of you, more than u know.

• Billygoat
    Billygoat

MrMoe,

I'm so sorry about this whole situation. Know I'm here to encourage and comfort as well. You can email me anytime you need: [email protected].

But I do encourage you to share your 'testimony' on the personal experience board. I'd love to read it!

Andi

• bboyneko
    bboyneko

I care about billygoat and mrmoe

• MrMoe 2
    MrMoe 2

Billygoat and those of you who want my experience, go to the experience part or go to http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/forum/thread.asp?id=10399&site=3. It's super long, but u asked for it, :)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit