info about selling houses and pioneering right before 1975???

by bitemeWT 17 Replies latest jw friends

• bitemeWT
    bitemeWT

I seem to remember a Kingdom Ministry (or was it a Watchtower?) that praised the Bros. for selling their houses and using the last few years of "this old system of things" to pioneer... right before 1975. Does anyone know which one it was?

I need it for a ebay person that is calling their fellow bros and sis IDIOTS if they thought that Armageddon was coming in 1975.

• theinfamousone
    theinfamousone

dont forget 1914, 1916, 1918 and so many many more!!!!!

the infamous one

• bitemeWT
    bitemeWT

Yeah, I intend to include those too, but the my auction is for literature about 1975.

This person really upset me by calling ppl that were only being faithful idiots.

I once listened to everything the GB spoonfed me too. Brainwashed I was, but idiot... no.

• Lady Lee
    Lady Lee

I might have it on a CD here somewhere but it will take a bit of time to find it

• Effervescent
    Effervescent

I haven't really looked at the rest of this site, but they did quote that KM that I think you're looking for, and seem to have a plethora of information on the 1975 scandal.

http://www.watchtowerinformationservice.org/1975.html

KM- May 1974- "Reports are heard of Brothers selling their homes and property and planning to finish out the rest of their days in this old system in the Pioneer service. Certainly this is a fine way to spend the short time remaining before the wicked world's end."

• Lady Lee
    Lady Lee

This link will take you to scans of the article you are looking for as well as a few others

http://www.escapefromwatchtower.com/1975articles.html

• ithinkisee
    ithinkisee

Yes, it is still on the WT CD-ROM. Look up the Kingdom Ministries for 1974, May.

-ithinkisee

• Scully
    Scully

BTW, not everyone jumped on the sell-your-house-and-pioneer bandwagon in the early 70s. In our congregation, the Brothers™ thought it would be an amazing opportunity to get into the housing market, and built homes that were somewhat out of their price range, thinking that it would only be a short period of time before Armageddon™ came and cancelled their mortgages by destroying the banks of the world.

• trevor
    trevor

As young pioneers sacrifice their career prospects to pursue this unpaid assignment, you may ask if they ever think about what would become of them, should they want to settle down and raise a family. When I was a pioneer a popular slogan was, “It’s time to be settling up not settling down.” The Watchtower Society explain it this way:

“Of course there may be a tempting offer of higher education or going into some field of work that promises material rewards. However, Jehovah God holds out to you young folks many marvellous privileges in his organization. Which will you take up? In view of the short time left, a decision to pursue a career in this system of things is not only unwise but also extremely dangerous. On the other hand, a decision to take advantage of what God offers through his organization opens up excellent opportunities for advancement as well as a rich meaningful life that will never end. Reports are heard of brothers selling their homes and property and planning to finish out the rest of their days in this old system in the pioneer service. Certainly this is a fine way to spend the short time remaining before the wicked world’s end.” – (Kingdom Ministry - June 1969 – Page 3)

• Virgogirl
    Virgogirl

"Many marvelous priveleges" bla-bla = passing the microphones when someone gets elbowed to comment, cleaning the Hall on a beautiful Saturday afternoon, parking lot attendant, timing talks/buzzer-presser. etc. My parents turned down scholarship opportunities for me, but I'm so thankful they didn't bite for selling the house and pioneering till the end, cuz they'd be homeless now and still pounding the sidewalks!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit