Born in or brought in observation

by startingover 26 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• jula71
    jula71

I was born in.

I think people brought in are more likely to stay in. That is due to tactics used to bring people in. Looking for people that have nothing looking for anything. These people are just so happy to be part of anything they don't really dig into the "deeper things". People that are born in are pretty much overlooked and just expected to step in line.

• Darth Yhwh
    Darth Yhwh

I was born into the world by at JW woman. I have always questioned the Borg, even at a very early age. I guess you could just say that I was a naturally born critical thinker or developed my critical thinking ability before I was old enough to realize that it was a quality that would be detrimental to my relationship with Jehovah.

Now Im on a teeter totter. I cant determine if Um atheist or agnostic. I think Im leaning a little more toward agnostisism.

• caligirl
    caligirl

Pretty much born in - my parents were studying before I was a year old, always questioned it, though never out loud. Have recently become a christian, though to quote coffee, "not a pushy one!"

• FairMind
    FairMind

I was brought in, in my middle twenties. I'm still in, not because I believe the party line but because I don't see the other religious organizations having a special connection to God either. I have known more born ins who have left than brought ins.

• Darth Yhwh
    Darth Yhwh
    I'm still in, not because I believe the party line but because I don't see the other religious organizations having a special connection to God either.

So you dont "belive the party line" but your still in?

• FairMind
    FairMind
    So you dont "belive the party line" but your still in?

Yea! There is a lot of good there despite the BS. There's BS everywhere so if BS was a criteria to not be part of something then you would not find anything to be part of. Lot's of other reasons not to leave as well (such as family and friends).

• startingover
    startingover

Something struck me reading comments on this thread.

When I was younger I remember saying to myself (and I guess to others as well) that it was a good thing that I was raised as a JW because there was no way I would have accepted it if I was contacted with it later in life. Whether my dislike for religions came from being raised to despise them I can't say. But I know as long as I can remember I have never felt a need for a religion in my life. I suppose that's why I was really miserable inside trying to be a JW. As hard as I tried it just never fit.

I would venture to say there are so many just like me living a lie in the borg. I'm just glad I figured it out when I did.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit