This site is very misleading!!!

by IrishDancinJames 43 Replies latest forum suggestions

• COMF
    COMF

Hi, James, and welcome to the forum! Glad to have you with us.

But those who sincerly believe the JWs are the truth shouldnt have to read that tripe when we come looking for encouragement and friendship .

You don't have to read it. Just stop reading. Turn your eyes away. Click on the "Close" button.

Of course, I understand that you're not used to an environment where you have free choice about what you read. Or think. It's understandable, and the adjustment takes a little time. It's okay, man, no hurry. Just move at your own pace.

COMF

• expatbrit
    expatbrit

IDJ made this post back in August 2001, and it was his only post. I don't think there's too much point welcoming him to the board.

It is amusing to see JW's indulge in these paroxysms of righteousness though.

Expatbrit

p.s. Matty: my cousin Vito informs me that your advice on spaghetti also works most satisfactorily on the kneecaps of those who break omerta.

• Satanus
    Satanus

If the wt had solid truths, this site would be 90% jw's. 'Apostates' would regularly get their asses beaten by big sticks of truth. Things seem to be the other way around. As it turns out, wt stuff just doesn't stand up to scrutiny very well. That is likely also why the wt doesn't want it's own people at places like this.

SS

• teenyuck
    teenyuck

James is a poster on Purelanguage.

Some time ago, he posted a thread (on PLN) all about his dancing. He was interested in dancing (for entertainment) at JW functions.

Someone from this board had access to PLN and got his e-mail...he got quite a few e-mails on his dancing ability. He had a web page set up all about it.

He took it down (his web site) and edited his thread on PLN to remove all reference to his dancing.

He was quite furious that the apostates had gotten his e-mail.

Pretty funny! He can really kick up his heels...Michael Flatley style.

• bad_associashun
    bad_associashun

someone dug this up from nearly a year ago...hmmmm

but a side point- why did he come to the internet 'looking for encouragement & friendship'? why do they overuse the use of exclammation points when dealing with former jws??

• Matty
    Matty

Xandria, you naughty dredger! That'll teach me not to look at the posting dates !

• Sentinel
    Sentinel

Well, you know, if you were really a true blue JW, you wouldn't be on here looking for anything. You would be getting all the information you need from all the many books, magazines, meetings, etc. from the organization. Obviously, you are thinking...and that is good.

Obviously, you looked all around on this Forum, and cared enough to "join" before you "read the fine print"

There are those here that are still active JW's, but with a lot of questions. Some are married or have family that are inside. There are those who have left, not only because they have been labeled and disfellowshipped or disassociated. But in one way or another, our lives have changed because of their influence. Some have actually left because they simply know in their heart that Jehovah's Witnesses might be a fine group of people, but they are a cult, and so as long as you are in and allowing yourself to not have any personal opinion or any deep questions, then you will do fine. If you can live like that, then fine, go for it.

But, if you want to be true to your own self, then your opinions matter a great deal. The organization does not like a person to think on their own, or to question. Free will in serving the creator as an individual is most important, don't you think? And the punnishment is so very severe. We are each responsible for our own souls. So, give this careful thought. Perhaps you were brought here, yes brought here, for some reason. If you have been praying for direction and help, you have arrived. So, if I were you, I' d just stay around long enough to see that we aren't the evil enemy here. We are kind and loving people, and this Forum has been established for the purpose of freedom of expression.

You have expressed yourself pretty strongly. If you felt you were "misled", perhaps you need to take responsiblity for your own actions of getting on here and just simply leave.

We are not going to try to convert you "out". That is not our mission. But, if you are interested in real truth, then step right up and drink your fill. This is a Jehovah's Witness Forum. We bare the scars in our hearts, and we share the joy of our heart. We are not sinking in the mire of sin and filth and degredation. We are children of the universe.

We are after all, your brothers and sisters....

Remember, all things in love.

Karen/Sentinel

• joannadandy
    joannadandy

WHAT? There are APOSTATES? HERE?

I guess in the giant logo at the top of the page where it says EVERYONEwelcome, is just too damn misleading!

• ashitaka
    ashitaka

what's an apospotatoe?

• BeautifulGarbage
    BeautifulGarbage

what's an apospotatoe?

Well, that would describe me. I'm sitting on my ass in front of the computer reading and posting to this site!

Andee

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit