Friday night speed dating online - find your unevenly yoked match!

by Crumpet 54 Replies latest social family

• Sparkplug
    Sparkplug

Clue me in. What is that? I tried to look it up in word and wikipedia before I had to ask, nothing found.

• Spectre
    Spectre

Hay bales? as in what horses eat? Never been on a farm or ranch have you?

• Sparkplug
    Sparkplug

Come on now, be nice. I meant, "What is a 'rennfaire". I have ridden on horseback 9 days straight. From St James to St Louis. So yes I know what hay is. Also took the most massive fall in manure once with an open mouth. (ten years ago) It stays with ya...Gross.

• Spectre
    Spectre

Ewwww..... Renaissance faire. Everybody(at least the people working there) dresses in medieval costumes. In the picture we were watching a jousting event. It was the first time I had gone, fun stuff.

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

I saw Harold and Maude at the Arts Theater in Buckhead, right outside Atlanta, Ga when it was first released. I was 13 and it was winter time. I fell in love and have been a fan since. My mother and her long lost cousin took us to see it. Mom loved the movie as well.

I love this line from Harold's mother, "It's a present!"

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow
    Ewwww..... Renaissance faire. Everybody(at least the people working there) dresses in medieval costumes. In the picture we were watching a jousting event. It was the first time I had gone, fun stuff.

I've been to several, plus one in Pampa, Texas done by a group of people who live that life in role play and stage battles. I love it.

• Sparkplug
    Sparkplug

Spectre-Oh, I see. those are great fun! I went to a Celtic Fest a few years back and have gone and tampered with the role playing group that joust (spelling?) and beats the hell out each other with clubs. Cannot remember the name. They have a huge fest that goes on here in Dallas. I love that kind of stuff. As long as people take off the costume and come back to reality when real life kicks in.

Oh, it is Scarobourough fair.

FHN. I saw that movie on a sneak when I was very young. I never knew what it was until I ran across it maybe 10 years back. I absolutely cry my eyes out when Maude dies.

• Cady
    Cady

spark- That line where she's dying and (I know I won't quote it prob even halfway right) but Harold's telling her how much he loves her and she's so happy that he could love and she says "love some more." (Sobbing silently while watching it with a big group of friends!)

• Spectre
    Spectre

She dies!?! you just ruined it for me!!!

• Sparkplug
    Sparkplug

Cady- Yes she was too cool.

Spectre- We could not possible ruin nor explain it all. It is so bizarre. You must see it!

I think Creepy is getting Harold and Maude confused with Sparkplug and FHN and Creepy though. (Other thread) I said I like the movie. Not I like young....way too young...men.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit