things get worse... bicycle wipeout

by Cygnus 20 Replies latest jw friends

• bikerchic
    bikerchic

he,hee thanks Eyebrow I've got lots of books on bike fixin, I even have Zinn and the Art of Road Bike Maintenance but I'm a real dufus with a wrench I don't know which end is the working end and my bike is way too expensive for me to screw up something. I'll leave it to the experts. I can fix a flat and lube the chain but that's all I want to know.

I do like to look at the pictures though and seeing how things connect and all.

• Eyebrow2
    Eyebrow2

Its a cool site..just discovered it a few days ago when someone on Bike Speak referred me to it.

I am going to try to tune up my kids bikes this weekend....wish me luck!!!

By the way, bikerchic, if you have not already check out Bike Speak...it is a really cool forum. A lot of LBS have their forums on their sites her in the US connect to it.

Here is how I connect:

http://planocycling.com/bikespeak

You could probably offer some good advice...and it is just fun to talk about riding...

• bikerchic
    bikerchic

Thanks Eyebrow for the link, I checked it out earlier today from that other thread and even registered because it looks like a cool site. LOL I surely don't need to be on another bike site but I really liked the friendliness of that one.

I had a problem registering I might need your help I'll let you know if it's okay with you. Good luck with the tune up! I'm looking for a cross bike one I won't care so much about hurting so I can get some practice with wrenching, lol. Plus I won't mind riding it in all this rain in Aruba.

• Eyebrow2
    Eyebrow2

got me a comfort bike myself...just a fatchickriding I am hahah...so starting slow...

it is a great site...send me a pm if you have any trouble getting registered.

• Cygnus
    Cygnus

Thanks everybody. I am okay, and here in Buffalo the snow will be flying soon anyway so the bike is put away. So I'm stuck at home with no method of tranportation. Guess I'll have to figure out the bus routes. The hospital did x-rays and found no major damage so I am ok, just bruised and beaten up. AA's (Dave's) post was to say I was ok, I called him last night and asked him to post for me. Again, thank you all. It's been a rough year for ol' Cyg.

• banished1
    banished1

Cyg, I have read all your posts of late and I wish to say sorry about your accident and best wishes for a speedy recovery from this the latest of your misfortunes. Sincerely, Banished

• clear2c
    clear2c

http://media.putfile.com/yougotownedwmv

This link mite cheer you up :)

• ColdRedRain
    ColdRedRain

Jas, is your bike frame messed up or is your wheel(s) or fork bent? You can get a new wheel and a better fork from a local bike store if you need one. They're not that expensive.

• Cygnus
    Cygnus

Well I fixed the bike, no big deal. Hospital doctor said xrays were negative so I'm just scraped and bruised. Could have been a lot worse I guess. The funny thing is, it was the first time I went out on the bike without my shin/knee and elbow protection and helmet. It's worth the time and hassle to put that stuff on, especially since my hands aren't working right so my reflexes are not the best. Again, thanks guys.

• RichieRich
    RichieRich

Good to hear you're doing well.

Biking you say?

I've got a very good friend who rides locally in the cross-country mountain bike circuit, and he is #1 in the state for his age group. Sometimes, I go with the kid to protect his junk / take pictures/ and fix his bike (he already ruined one carbon fiber fork on his own...)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit