things get worse... bicycle wipeout

by Cygnus 20 Replies latest jw friends

• Cygnus
    Cygnus

i wont be around tonight as some jagoff cut me off, i hit a road pylon and wrecked by bike. what else can go wrong? i hope to be back tomorrow

• kid-A
    kid-A

That sucks man, hope you are all right !

• Jordan
    Jordan

Well, Cygnus, hope you feel better soon bro...

• bikerchic
    bikerchic
    wrecked by bike

No not the bike! I hate it when that happens, you see I'm a cyclist and the first thing I always say no matter how bad a fall I have had (and I hit the pavement so hard I got whiplash once) I always ask first "hows my bike!" forget I'm hurt and bleeding, and you know what's worse so do the other cyclist you are with, they pick up the bike first dust it off and start looking for broken parts while you lay there dying. I hate when that happens. I use clip-less pedals and I hate to tell you the amount of times I've fallen simply because I've forgotten to unclip or haven't gotten totally clipped in, hey I'm too old for this stuff but I love riding my bike......help I'm riding and I can't stop!

Sorry Cyg I feel for you in more ways than you know. First I screw up this thread (sorry Dave) my bad.

I hope you are okay Cygnus really I do. Can I offer a band-aid for your boo-boo?

I hope you can get a replacement bike cheap too, check out your LBS often times they have a trade in they are willing to part with cheap. Some times they've built a bike out of spare parts and sell them cheap too. I've also seen some pretty decent commuters here at the Goodwill for under $20.

Chin up, this too will pass.

• Spectre
    Spectre

I would help fix the bike if I was closer since I worked in bike shops for so long.

• bikerchic
    bikerchic

How cool Spectre, my bike needs a tune up how much would you charge?

• Spectre
    Spectre

You gonna pay me to fly to Aruba? I always assumed that the "biker" part of your name was for motorcycles.

• bikerchic
    bikerchic
    You gonna pay me to fly to Aruba? I always assumed that the "biker" part of your name was for motorcycles

Oh darn that would be rather expensive wouldn't it! I'll have to find a LBS here in Aruba, it's just that I won't trust just anybody with my bike I should learn to do it myself.

I did get my nick name bikerchic because my X and I had Harley's and I am a cyclist, my cyclist buds nicked me "hardcore-bikerchic". I sorta dropped the hardcore part for the Internet.

• Spectre
    Spectre

Seeing the word "hardcore" on the internet usually only means one thing, so yeah, I see why you dropped it.

• Eyebrow2
    Eyebrow2

Here is a really good site for learning how to fix bikes:

http://www.jimlangley.net/wrench/wrench.html

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit