JW Urban Ledgends - Fact or Fiction?

by clear2c 37 Replies latest jw friends

• james_woods
    james_woods

Don't know if this one made it to the thread, but in the mid 60's a real scare went out about candy bars. Turns out most of them (milky way, etc) on the ingredients part of the label had something called "lecithan". Anyway, this took on wings of its own and finally the city overseer had to call up to the service department and check it out. They decided it just meant animal fat or some such so that it was OK to eat a chocolate bar after all.

• twinflame
    twinflame

OMG...what memories relived. I remember the Avon lady story, the possessed Smurfs, KISS, John Denver....wow! The funniest thing is, my mother-in-law was 'spiritistic' and used to crochet us baby blankets. My husband would never keep them and would throw them away. He keeps telling people about her making us an outfit for one of our babies and bringing it home and trying to burn it and it wouldn't burn. He always says, 'Don't you remember that?" For the life of me....I don't remember that ever happening. The things they get in their heads!

• enigmatic
    enigmatic

Ive heard the KISS one, and the one about the lady with the "two big guys" and Smurfs where a big one, {someone had one and it started walking by itself, tryed to burn it but it wouldn't, thru it away and it was back in the closet that night} anyone ever hear that singer (can't remember his name) but one of his songs the lyrics are [simple blue persuasion] anyways he supposed to of been talking about an older JW book.... J

• dezpbem
    dezpbem

HA! I was told the same story about the smurf doll getting up and walking (twighlightzone music playing in my head). Plus a smurf coming out of the tv set into the house while someone watched them on tv...ROTFLMAO!!!

An elders son told me about the occult book his father had that he tried to get rid of but kept reappearing in the house somehow. There was the woman I spoke to who told me they told her the 7 dwarves were demonic because they worked at night. There was my friend a bethelite from Brooklyn who told me of the talks they gave in bethel that no one else heard. In one they went into the fine details of how star wars was demonic and the secret biblical symbolism....good god shot me now.

Desi

• sammielee24
    sammielee24

As a past elder - no, I didn't personally burn anything but I was told of others who tried. Crystal Blue Persuasion was apparently written about the Truth book. I was told it's easy to figure out if you listen to the lyrics. Maybe if someone knows Tommy James they could go and ask him.John Denver - I heard this one too and it was apparently backed up by an episode on the Johnny Carson show where Johnny apparently asked Denver if he did this and he said yes. Johnny then apparently told Denver to leave his show. Denver apparently would not allow any Witness on his property. The Smurfs? Yep. Heard that one too. Of course, if a wee smurfie got into the KH then it was obvious that the demons were not in that particular one because everyone knows that demons cannot get inside the Kingdom Hall. Heard the one about the sister at the murderers door...ACDC was a new one for me.

• enigmatic
    enigmatic

lol dez, can you send those 7 dwarves over here to help? i own a fishing trawler and i would let them run the thing if they wanted...rotflmao!!! Thanks for clarifying that "Crystal Blue" thats it...sammielee J

• clear2c
    clear2c

Dez lol you have a ton of eM! now thats SHOCK AND AWE ... hmmmm I noticed some re occuring themes here (smile if you know jw 133t$pe3k) hmmm lets see alot of these things

involve childern?
    toys, cartoons, action figures, kind of ironic that there are no simular comparison stories about objects of desire and trust that adults own seems like.

burning of stuff thats bad
    burning of the material cant be done? ... honestly that one that one would be so easy to disprove if ever anyone had such and item.

reappearances of stuff thats bad
    why couldnt of this happened to me when I was on drugs .. lol I wanted to sin more LOL and even wished I had more drugs... but none reappeared to me?

• dezpbem
    dezpbem
    Dez lol you have a ton of eM!

Thanks....er, what does "eM" mean?

I really don't know.

Dez

• clear2c
    clear2c

"eM" as in you have alot of examples of urban legends. :) sorry for the crappy typing :)

• RevFrank
    RevFrank

Plenty of stories like that. And guess what? 90% of those stories, my opinion, come from Jehovah Witnesses. Since many believe that many of these things must be demonized it really happened. I feel and believe most of the watchtower society is demon filled. Satan can be quite dangerous.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit