ACTIVE JW dating sites....the flipside!

by colorado5591 16 Replies latest jw friends

• lola28
    lola28

I don't think you can get in trouble for looking.

lola

• enigmatic
    enigmatic

well my mom divorced her loony dub ex husband, but since it was not scripturely sound or whatever she was never free to re-marry. She married a great guy my stepdad (non-jw) 10 years ago and it was one of the best things she did, but she has never been DS'ed and goes to the hall from time to time. J

• blondie
    blondie

*** w68 4/15 pp. 255-256 Questions from Readers ***

I have been reading The Watchtower for a few months now, and I would appreciate your counsel. Recently I sued for a divorce on what I understand to be grounds that are in harmony with the Bible. Is it Scripturally wrong for me to "date" or seek the attention of one of the opposite sex other than my ex-mate before the divorce is final?—U.S.A.

It would first be good to have fixed clearly in mind what the Bible has to say about divorce. According to God’s Word, the only ground for divorce that frees one for remarriage is adultery by one’s mate. (Matt. 19:9) Jesus did not say one can divorce his mate if he ‘strongly suspects’ that adultery was committed. There has to be real evidence of adultery, such as the mate’s confession, or proof that the mate stayed all night with a person of the opposite sex under improper circumstances.—Prov. 5:8-11.

A legal divorce obtained where there is no proof of adultery might end a marriage legally, but in God’s sight it does not free one for remarriage. (Mark 10:9) If one got a legal divorce without proof of the mate’s adultery, remarriage would amount to adultery in Jehovah’s eyes. We read: "Whoever divorces his wife [without evidence of adultery] and marries another commits adultery against her, and if ever a woman, after divorcing her husband, marries another, she commits adultery."—Mark 10:11, 12; compare Matthew 19:9.

Now, assuming that one actually has a Scriptural basis for the legal divorce that is being obtained, he still is not in position to "date" or "court" someone else if the divorce is not final. He is still married. Divorce laws differ from place to place. In some lands and states the parties to a divorce action are completely and legally free immediately. In other places the divorce does not become effective for six months. In yet other places, the divorce does not become final for quite a period, such as a year, after a temporary or interlocutory decree is granted.

Concerning this last type in one state, a lawbook says: "Interlocutory decree is entered after trial if the court finds that a divorce should be granted. . . . This stands for one year, during which time the parties are still husband and wife. . . . The final judgment restores the parties to the status of single persons." Thus a period of time is allowed in order that a reconciliation may be worked out, if that is possible. If that fails, the parties become legally free only after the final decree has been entered.

In the case giving rise to the question, the divorce has not become final, so both parties are still legally married, and the court is allowing time to see if they can be reconciled. So it should be obvious that one in such a position is not free to act as if he were a single person able to "court" and marry another person. To do so would only be courting trouble, both legally and Scripturally. (Heb. 13:4) Only after a divorce becomes final, and a final decree is entered, if that is necessary according to law, will one be at liberty to act as a single person and be free to remarry.

One in this circumstance who is interested in doing what will have God’s approval would do well to note what Jehovah has counseled about marrying, in case he wants to remarry after the present marriage ends legally and Scripturally. God commanded his servants that they should not consent to a marriage between a true worshiper and one who did not worship Jehovah in accord with the truth of his Word. (Deut. 7:3; Neh. 10:30) Marrying an unbeliever can lead to God’s disapproval, as it did with King Solomon of Israel. (1 Ki. 11:4, 9) God’s Word says that true Christians are to marry "only in the Lord," or only other true Christians. (1 Cor. 7:39) Though that limits one’s association with marriage in view, it can work to one’s everlasting good by helping one to secure a place in the paradise that God will soon establish on earth.

By continuing to study the Bible and Scriptural publications one can learn what Jehovah’s will is and how one can serve Him acceptably in company with his Witnesses. At present, the questioner is yet a married person and should resist any temptations to develop emotional attachments to some single person. And if after the divorce is final he is interested in remarriage, he should be sure to seek a mate who will serve Jehovah faithfully. Such a course will have heaven’s blessing.—Prov. 10:22.

• dezpbem
    dezpbem

I've browsed the active jw date sites in the past but just for kicks.

I don't think many of us on this site would date an active jw and they wouldn't date us either.

That's a disaster waiting to happen unless they're leaving.

I doubt too many of us would even contemplate returning and you can count me in that class!

Dez

• Confession
    Confession

I think she must mean that, since her divorce is so close to being over, she is now free (meaning "any day now" she'll be free.)

• theinfamousone
    theinfamousone

this is so funny, im looking through these things and found some of my old "friends" ha ha, even some of the elders from my former congregation... HYPOCRITES i tell ya, HYPOCRITES!!!! this stuff is funny, i guess thats all i can say... FUNNY!

the infamous one

• Lilycurly
    Lilycurly

I've had a bad experience from these sites. The one brother I met from there turned out to be an obsessive freak who was racist, poor, disliked cats, and hated my non-JW sister (telling me so clearly) the first time he met her. Wouldn't watch Lord of the Rings but had no problems viewing a violent police movie. The guy was over 30 and never had a steady girlfriend, you could tell he was desperate. Called me 3 times a day. *sigh*

The good thing about these sites though, is that I had to look them up on the net and while I did, took a quick peep at the ex-JW sites. And it all went down from there! lol

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit