ACTIVE JW dating sites....the flipside!

by colorado5591 16 Replies latest jw friends

• colorado5591
    colorado5591

The X JW dating site topic spurred me to check out the site for active JW singles. My mother recently married a brother from Germany that she met though one of those sites. He is actually a pretty cool brother....for a brother, that is.

So I start looking for folks from my old cong in California and ran into a sisters profile that reads:

Sister, 46, Seperated
    California, United States

I am in the final stages of a divorce and am scripturally free. I am interested in making new friends and getting to know new people, which is why I thought I'd try this! I work in the Law Enforcement field. I have 2 adult children and 2 dogs. I live in southern California

How can she be Seperated and and scripturally free? And what about this notion of being in law enforcement? I always understood that career path to be a "no-no" and not a "matter of concience!?

What do Y'all think? HMM?

• blondie
    blondie

There are positions in law enforcement that are basically office jobs and are not gun-carrying. Also, many jails are run by law enforcement people that do not carry guns as well.

• Mysterious
    Mysterious

Maybe she cleans the police station.

• enigmatic
    enigmatic

LMAO yeah she might clean the jail, I used to want to be a cop when I was like 5...lol but my parents gave me the low-down about carrying a gun and all...but there are some people who are not "sworn" LEO's so they dont carry a gun... But really do I want to find someone who is an active dub? hells no... J

• colorado5591
    colorado5591

fair enough

How can she be Seperated and and scripturally free?

let's touch on this one then!

• Spectre
    Spectre

Just as long as she just pack a gun I guess its okay. Still, I bet the elders have had a chat with her about that.

About a year ago I signed up for one of those(I couldn't resist as I still knew the secret handshake codeword). The next day I had 3 e-mails from around the world(they were rather hot). I quickly cancelled my account as I didn't want to lead them on, I still have somewhat of a conscience.

• lola28
    lola28

Her spouse cheated on her and she is free to remarry. Why she would want to is a whole diffrent matter.

lola

• blondie
    blondie

Evidently, her soon to be ex-spouse committed adultery but she has not completed the legal requirements for a divorce.

Officially, the WTS policy is that she is not free to re-marry until she has Caesar's piece of paper saying she is.

(There was an exception for some years in Catholic countries where divorce was illegal)

• colorado5591
    colorado5591

but her divorce is still pending!

• blondie
    blondie

Overlap posts?

Based on the WTS policy, she is not scripturally free to remarry until she has the legal documents from the government. She could be talked to by the elders if she dated before she had those papers.

But of course, the elders are not "consistent."

Blondie

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit