ex-jw dating sites

by enigmatic 29 Replies latest jw friends

• misspeaches
    misspeaches

I hear you boys!!

My boyfriend has never been a JW and some stuff he just doesn't get... I can try explain things over and over and get no where. But he tries to understand and I love him so much for it.

It scares him though becuase he is always worried that one day I will go back. Despite me being so adamant that, that will NEVER happen....

• lola28
    lola28

I think if we put our heads together we could come up with a service that helps people. It would take time but if we really wanted to do it I'm sure we could.

Take that E-harmony

lola

• lola28
    lola28

Miss peaches that is the scary thing about dating an ex-jw. What if something happens and they go back, that would be the worst thing ever.

lola

• enigmatic
    enigmatic

mispeaches, I hear you!! so many have always asked me (girlfriend and just friends) if I am going to go back.. after all I just told you do you think I am pyscho or something...must not have been listening... J

• misspeaches
    misspeaches
    so many have always asked me (girlfriend and just friends) if I am going to go back.. after all I just told you do you think I am pyscho or something...must not have been listening

LOL!

Yeah I sorta thought the nightmares I have had about being back with the JW's sorta would've shown how I felt about going back...!!!! Or the way I go into panic mode when I see JW's about the place...

I mean yeah I'm a little nutty but I'm not insane!!!!

• Sparkplug
    Sparkplug

enigmatic- I have a trick for you. Swear dating off and then go to a apostafest. You will end up dating in a heartbeat. I do understand what you are looking for in a familiar background. Not that you want to limit your options, but I get what you are saying. And yes in some ways having dated a couple ex jw's it does help. In other ways it doesn't.

For instance, they understand your jokes and feelings and such. Other times, unless you are very adventurous you may miss out on the other 3/4's of the world because ex jw's don't always go out and join the community and do all of the fun social stuff that non jw's do. It was almost like I had to be taught how to celebrate, join a class, join the community etc.

I hope you all the best. But seriously don't close your options. I also do not know of any jw dating sites. I never dated that way. I did go on one blind date and had such a good time that I never did that again. lol. I did not want the experience to be anything other than how fun it was. So I stopped while ahead!

Decki

• enigmatic
    enigmatic

Sparkplug - Thanks so much for that, I have been really wanting to go to an apostafest for awhile now. Very good idea. I mean I am more of a non dub now than a dub (over half my life out) but I still have that part of my past that is me and always will be for good or bad. Just wanting that closeness with someone I guess.... J

• theinfamousone
    theinfamousone

that has to be the best idea i have ever heard!!!! DAMN, people who understand my past, cuz to be honest, every single girl i have ever dated wondered why i am so against RELIGION!!!! maybe they could understand!! ha ha, that would be nice....

the infamous one

• Cady
    Cady

When guys find out I'm an exjw, I usually get one of a couple reactions: I'm either a novelty (they want to know all the craziest things about dubs), a poor broken woman they must rescue, or completely pure and innocent and they want to educate me. I don't know how to get across that I don't need a father, a hero, or a teacher.

• Lilycurly
    Lilycurly

Hey enigmatic, too bad you're from the States!lol I'm single.

But ther should be an X-JW dating site, that would be pretty useful.lol

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit