YOUR VOICE IS URGENTLY NEEDED!!!

by SWALKER 21 Replies latest social current

• SWALKER
    SWALKER

http://www.oilonice.org/

On Oct.19, 2005 the Senate passed the bill to drill in this ARTIC WILDLIFE AREA! It is the last American untouched wilderness area and is home to certain species only found here in the entire world. If anyone hasn't seen the documentary it is running on Link. Please call your Sentors and Congressman and get this stopped before it's too late!!!

Swalker

• Eyebrow2
    Eyebrow2

Not necessarily against drilling for oil up there. I think we just need to to be careful how we go about doing it.

• SWALKER
    SWALKER

Eyebrow2:

Did you watch the documentary??? They showed that Exxon has been lying to the American public and it in on public record that they have never cleaned up the beaches from the Valdese oil spill. It has ruined the ecological balance and the native people won a monetary award in court, which has never been paid. The toll it has taken on the land as well as the economy is staggering. Also, they brought out that there are certain animal species native only to that area, the last of their kind in the entire world and this would surely do them in. Please investigate this further!!!

If anyone had the chance to watch Oprah this afternoon, she had a program on Global Warming. The solution to this problem is not getting more oil, but using what we have more efficiently. We are killing the earth and it is going to fight back!!!

Swalker

• SWALKER
    SWALKER

Does anybody out there care about me?

Swalker

• IP_SEC
    IP_SEC

Thank god they're gonna start drilling up there.

I do wish we could have a plan to be done with fossil fuels in the next 10 to 15 years tho edit I guess I wouldnt be opposed to drilling anywhere if they would use it as a stop gap to really start working and bringing to market clean alt energy.

• Kaput
    Kaput
    Please call your Sentors and Congressman and get this stopped before it's too late!!!

It's already too late. Money talks.

• SWALKER
    SWALKER

It's not too late if enough people call in and tell them they don't want this!!! That's why the website has the number to call! And are encouraging as many people as possible to call in.

I can't believe that any intelligent person would think this was a good idea. Well, I take that back, maybe I should say...an uninformed person. Has anyone read the info on the website or watched the documentary before making the comment that drilling there is o.k.?

It's the last true untouched American frontier...doesn't that bother anyone??? We have raped our land and caused animal extinctions and cleared out great forests. Now look what is happening to our coastlines, the pollution we are dealing with...where does it stop?

This oil drilling profit is going into the hands of the big oil companies...no one else. The Bush's and Cheney's will benefit greatly from everyone keeping quite about it. That's a comforting thought apparently for a lot of people!

Swalker

• enigmatic
    enigmatic

I hear you swalker...I dont think calls to congressman do much, activism can help (I am an avid activist)but more than just a call or letter, college universitys are a good place to look for local activist's. These days I am doing my part by recycling waste oil, you can covert fryer oil to run in diesel engines, I have a fishing trawler that burns 100 gallons a night minimum and at 3 dollars a gallon its not good. J

• wanderlustguy
    wanderlustguy

Like anything else their presentations have a slant to them to promote thier arguement. I grew up in Northeast LA, and not far away was the world's richest acre (with the most rigs per mile in the WORLD) drilling for oil didn't destroy anything. It affects an insanely small and concetrated pach of land that still produces the same wildlife that is always did, with the exception of maybe 1/10th of an acre that is kept clear.

If these folks knew anything about oil operations they would know this already. The wildlife there now is all over the pipeline currently operating...it's a pretty warm spot to be.

I wonder how many of he activists have actually seen the spots they are really going to be drilling on (because it's gonna happen). Nothing lives there, nothing could live there, it's dark over half the year and there is no vegetation at all.

• Kaput
    Kaput
    Now look what is happening to our coastlines, the pollution we are dealing with...where does it stop?

It doesn't.

This oil drilling profit is going into the hands of the big oil companies...no one else.

That's why it doesn't stop.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit