Music anyone?

by searching4? 37 Replies latest jw friends

• lola28
    lola28

Well I like Mark Tremonti and I like Scott Phillips but with out Stapp it just ain't a band. The singer they have bores me to tears.I didn't even bother to get the Cd I will however be getting Stapps new CD on the 22.

lola

• whyamihere
    whyamihere

I completely understand......

In my opinion Stapp is a has been. He had too much of an ego and it got in the way. He wasn't the band he was a voice. That's just me. He is good though, I will give him that much.

Brooke

• Nate Merit
    Nate Merit

John Cage, Yoko Ono, Boxcar Willie.

• Jordan
    Jordan

Personally never liked Stapp, I only liked the band because Tremonti is an awesome guitarist. I think Myles Kennedy has helped make Alter Bridge their own beast, as opposed to being Creed Mark 2.

• enigmatic
    enigmatic

Thats funny on the whole scott stapp mark tremonti thing. I used to live in tallahassee, fl and used to know those guys when they were just playing the local clubs there and would frequent partys I would have with my roommates. Scotts wife and my ex used to goto the same midwife clinic place. They were pretty cool back than , I would talk to Mark for hours about motorcycles. Back when they cut there first album they were still pretty cool peoples. Have not really been up on things about them though, they all moved along time ago and I dont think they have looked back since.

• whyamihere
    whyamihere

I totally agree with you Jordan....

Myles Kennedy I think has a beautiful voice and it has so much passion behind it. I watched him live and I was only a few feet away he is a true artist. Stapp had that glazed look of ego. This is just my opinion.

Brooke

• lola28
    lola28

I must disagree. I really think he had some bad health problems that really got in the way. I don't know if you ever saw him after he cancelled the Weathered tour but the man did not look good. He was so bloated from all the meds, I don't think he could have preformed in the shape he was in. He looks like himself now, he has a great song out and I think he will do okay.You are right he was not the band but he was a huge part of it. He provided them some of the best songs, I don't think Mark can do the same. Can he play the guitar? Yes and very well but I don't think he could ever be a good a writer as Stapp.

In any case I don't think Alter Bridge and Scott (solo) will ever do as well apart as they did together.

Hey at least we still have the Arcade Fire.

lola

• billyjean
    billyjean

I LOVE Gwen Stefani!!!! Yes, I'm a Gwenabee. Among others I like Sublime, Bob Marley, Reverand Horton Heat, No Doubt, The Stooges, ............the list goes on

• Jordan
    Jordan

This thread just inspired me to check if Alterbridge are playing over here any time soon. They're playing the Astoria on the 15th of November? Who wants to come with me?

• Huxley
    Huxley

The Clientele is pretty nice.

Huxley

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit