God telling us something through coincidences?

by jst2laws 29 Replies latest jw experiences

• Robdar
    Robdar

Praying to God to lead me to the truth and less than a minute later the jw's ring my doorbell.

• horrible life
    horrible life

This really isn't what you want, but, when I smoked, it was the first day of school. I pull up to the school, child gets out, I light up a cig, look to my left, there is the kingdon hall, and my elder brothers mother-in-law is staring at me. I wave with the cig in my hand.. OMG..

My brother hasn't talked to me since. Coincidence? I THINK NOT. Jehovah wanted the pious pustule out of my life. Is life great? or what! HL

• tetrapod.sapien
    tetrapod.sapien

HA HA HA! LOL. funny thread.

a few months ago i was testing the ouija board, yet again, for anything paranormal (blindfolded and SNG's note in a hat test), and was yet again disapointed.

when i went to bed later, i discovered that my dog had been chewing on the corner of my wife's Knowledge book.

creepy.

NOT.

ha ha. true story.

cheers,

TS

• theinfamousone
    theinfamousone

well, once i was seriously contemplating going back to the meetings, because as my father said; "even if you dont believe it, its a good way of life, thats whats kept me in all this time." i was handed a book the next day by david icke, i thinkit was called the matrix or something like that, stupifd book, except the parts about JWs.... lol, someone was telling me going back was a bad idea!!!

the infamous one

• MegaDude
    MegaDude

Robdar,

You shouldn't have used the word "Truth" (tm) in your prayer. LOL.

• deblaning
    deblaning

Well, I don't know if this has anything to do with coincidences or not but I always thought if was kind of funny. I had been out for a pretty long time but my parents and sister was still in, when a brother and his wife took to stopping by at my house every couple of weeks to leave magazines. I had made the mistake of telling them the first visit that I used to be a JW, wasn't disfellowshiped but had just stopped going to meetings years before. I, frankly, didn't have the backbone at that time to tell them to forget it, there was no chance I was coming back. Anyway, one day here they come, I was outside and couldn't hide. As they were leaving they walked over to the little barn next to my house where I kept my horse to say "Hello" to her. While we were standing there in front of her, she up and sneezed all over the brother's nice suit, hay and mucus, ugh. What a look he had on his face! I really felt bad for him but, you know, he never came back again, although, his wife did and I finally told her that the magazines were just going to waste. I never read them. She stopped coming by too.

Deb

• AlmostAtheist
    AlmostAtheist

True experience:

I was on my way to atheism. I was pretty well gone, only a few tendrils of theism reached into my mind. I sat on a park bench and prayed to God, "I honestly don't see much reason to believe in you. But I have for so long, and I would be willing to continue to do so. Just give me a sign. And not some weak, could-be-anything sign, something that is undeniable. I hate to do this, and I feel wrong doing it, but it's gotta be this way. If you're there, and you still want me, you gotta let me know."

When I looked up, a little bird landed on the bench next to me, and looked up at me. I said, outloud, "Nope, no way. Not NEARLY good enough." The little dude flew off and carried my last few doubts with him.

(I don't share this much because theists are quick to point out that I asked for a sign, got one, and rejected it. Yeah, well... )

Dave

• bikerchic
    bikerchic

LOL Steve I enjoyed your coincidence, a rarity for sure!

Can you come up with some coincidences of the opposite sort, like passing the KH and your odometer saying 666 ? Just for fun. Jst2

I know lots of these types of things have happened to me I should start writing them down. Some of the kinds of things is I'll be driving and thinking of a particular person or place (maybe because I'm driving by the place?) and a song will come on the radio that only this person and I shared, weird!

I had a childhood girlfriend we swore we were tied at the hips, we always had those deja-vou things happening and we always lived miles away from each other but I would start to think about her and wondering how she is doing after not seeing her for years and the phone would ring, yep you guessed it it would be her and vise versa! I bet this happens a lot to other people too though.

As far as God communicating with us, I guess you would have to believe in the big guy in the sky to think that, I don't believe in the cow pie in the sky any more and have no evidence to think he/she/it would communicate with moi. However I do pay attention to coincidences and this post if nothing else reminded me to start writing things down when they happen my memory is not what it used to be, hugh what was the question?

Thanks interesting reading everyones take on this too.

• jst2laws
    jst2laws

AlmostAtheist,

Would it have been enough if a big bird would have dumped on your head?

Megadude,

You seem to be feeling good. Had any spooky experiences lately?

Bikerchic,

As far as God communicating with us, I guess you would have to believe in the big guy in the sky to think that,

I often tell people, if I have to believe in a "guy in the sky", I'm an atheist. But what do I do with the fact that nearly every major theroretical physicist in the past century believed in something spiritual. I doubt even Jesus believed in the "guy in the sky" concept that Christendom promotes. I wonder if dismissing the 'guy in the sky' notion is a step toward the next level of spirituality?

jst

• AlmostAtheist
    AlmostAtheist
    Would it have been enough if a big bird would have dumped on your head?

I had that experience for 20 years, it wasn't NEARLY good enough!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit