A must read for all concerned Americans.

by jt stumbler 19 Replies latest social current

• jt stumbler
    jt stumbler
    what seven cities would be the targets?

I don't remember off the top if the book even said or not. I will look again.

• jt stumbler
    jt stumbler
    Mr. Williams meticulous footnoting lends a great deal of credence to his overall thesis that Bin Laden has successfully worked with Organized Crime from the Chechan Mafia, (to acquire tactical nuclear suitcase weapons during the chaotic period following the break-up of the former Soviet Union in the early '90s),to the most notorious El Salvadorian street gang, (to allegedly smuggle nuclear material and up to 5,000 Al Qaeda sleeper cell agents into the US via Mexico).

Many arab speaking people are coming in with fake mexican visas.

(side note) This author was interviewed on several talk shows. When ask when he thought this "American Hiroshima" would take place, he said he did not know but he said the most likely time in his mind would be during Ramadan.

Did'nt that just begin?

• metatron
    metatron

Don't get too glib about this technology. Most uranium isotopes are useless for a nuclear detonation. Enrichment

of fissionable isotopes is still well beyond the abilities of fanatics living in caves. Plutonium is the most toxic substance

on earth ( check the Guiness Book of World records). The tiniest amount breathed in causes death.

Furthermore, Soviet devices have contained failsafe mechanisms since at least the late '60's. Defeating them

is not child's play - that's the point of a failsafe! Renewing an aging nuclear weapon can require extensive, precise lab

work - which is why guys like Saddam couldn't build them despite billions in oil dollars! No one, to my

recollection, has demonstrated the existence of any real Soviet suitcase nuke. It's all talk, so far.

As for terrorist expertise, do you recall evidence from caves in Afghanistan that terrorists there downloaded

joke plans for an atomic bomb from the internet - thinking that they were real?

As for PC concerns, forget it. If Washington or New York went up in a mushroom cloud, the American public would

rally for revenge. Are you aware that British academics , who signed public pledges of pacifism renounced them

after Hitler invaded Europe? Check public statements by Rep. Tancredo - who had to apologize for making

remarks on radio about nuking Moslem holy sites if the US was attacked. Clearly, they're thinking about it.

The longer we go on without an attack by a weapon of mass destruction, the less likely it is that the terrorists

have anything to offer. They're long overdue for retaliation and it hasn't happened. Recent intelligence suggests

deep frustration in jihadist groups because things aren't going their way, as Muslims continue to fight with each

other, blow up mosques, Shias killing Sunnis, and voting in large numbers, where they can.

By the way, what are the most popular library books requested by Islamic prisoners in Guantanamo?

Harry Potter ( see The Week magazine - they also ask to see the movies)

metatron

• jt stumbler
    jt stumbler

Wanderlustguy,

He said there could be as many as 60 tactical nuclear weapons already positioned in the U.S. for a simultaneous attack on New York, Washington, Miami, Houston, Las Vegas, Los Angeles and Chicago.

• jt stumbler
    jt stumbler

By the way, what are the most popular library books requested by Islamic prisoners in Guantanamo?

Harry Potter ( see The Week magazine - they also ask to see the movies)

Thaaanks, I feel better already. Don't be fooled. The failsafes as you call them are simply codes to be decoded for the right amount of money and they have been working on that as well. As far as being overdue, who's time table are they working on anyway? They attack when and where they want to.It took five years to plan the first bombing of the towers. They did'nt get it right that time but they learned from their mistakes. This is not their hobby, it is their belief to destroy the infedels. As time passes more and more become sympathetic to their cause. I think its just a matter of time thats all. Its something we as Americans should be very concerned about.

• roybatty
    roybatty

I'm surprised something hasn't already happened. With the chaos in the former Soviet Union to rogue scientist in Pakistan and China, it's only a matter of time before our radical Muslims friends get their hands on a nuke. FYI - On a typical day along the Texas / Mexico boarder, 400 people are caught trying to illegally cross the boarder. How many more people actually make it across? Whatever your feelings on the immigration isues isn't the point. Instead, we should be asking ourselves "would it be really all that hard for someone to smuggle in a nuke"?

• Zep
    Zep

Al-qaida letting off a nuke? To be honest Idont think they are as capable an organization as some say. They might be able to let off a "dirty bomb", but it wont be theend of America. I'd be more concerned about Biological warefare. I'd be more concerned about the bird flu virus mutating, Global warming and Global Dimming....Hell, the super volcano under Yellowstone might explode and that'd be the end of you guys

• roybatty
    roybatty

True, setting off a nuke is a long shot but who would have thought pre-911 that hijacking 4 planes and crashing 3 of them into high target buildings would work?

I'm just wondering why we don't have suicide bombers here or why they haven't snuck in a dozen armed men and do a repeat of the D.C. sniper. Can you imagine the chaos of simultanous assults on several shopping malls or, god forbide, several schools by people armed with automatic weapons?

I don't know why something like this hasn't happened already. There are only two conclusions I can come to. One, they're not interested in a "small" attack but are looking (and or planning) something even bigger then 9-11. Or two, seeing what the U.S. did in reponses to 9-11 (Iraq and Afgan.) Arab nations are now less willing to risk supporting terrorist groups.

• upside/down
    upside/down

At least if it happens...and America is "put in it's place"...then who's next?

China I'm sure will be a much better solo-super power than WE ever were....right?

I guess I better brush up on my Chinese...

u/d(of the moo shoo class)

• kid-A
    kid-A

This seems unlikely for several reasons. First, it is EXCEEDINGLY difficult and expensive to develop even crude or "dirty" nuclear weapons. This takes tremendous skill and years of experience, and also, the appropriate facilities for producing and refining the isotopes.

A far more likely scenario would be a biological attack. Viral material is much easier to obtain. But even then, why wouldnt they just use suicide bombers with conventional explosives? This would still cripple the US economy, which is their ultimate goal.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit