I can't read the WT and AWAKE anymore

by Jez 36 Replies latest watchtower bible

• carla
    carla

Yaldah's comments don't sound very Christian like do they? just wanting 'us' to go away? Shouldn't Yalhdah be ready to defend the 'fine' spritual garbage spewed out by the WT? Instead Yaldah just wants us to go away! You are not in you little elitist club here.

• acadian
    acadian

Hello All!

I have boxes full of WTs & awakes, I guess I didn't place very many when I was a dub.

But they make good fire starter, plus I do paper mache, so I'm doing my part and recycling.

hello Yaldah, and Welcome ! Don't worry about others comments, it's comments like yours that keeps the discussions interesting.

And remember this is a discussion forum, not an argument forum.

Kind Regards

Acadian

• jula71
    jula71

Can't read them?!?!?! Haven't you heard that reading from cover to cover for 1 year is equal to a college education?!?!?!

• ICBehindtheCurtain
    ICBehindtheCurtain

Knowing that that the Paradise Lost orange book which gave you nightmares is a load of CRAP = A day of happy thoughts and joy

Knowing that there is no damn Tribulation nor is Armaggedon coming to kill millions including your non JW freinds and family = Laughter, Peace true Happiness

Placing all the mind numbing useless watchtower magazines in bags of trash and dumping them out=

PRICELESS!!!!

IC

• Big Dog
    Big Dog
    They are so frikin' purile... no substance... an easily dismantlable manipulative technique... fallacious argumentation... arghhh... I can't believe I didn't notice until I got myself an education.

As has been said, it's almost impossible to even flick through them without your teeth being put on edge.

Perfectly put. Occasionally when I am at one of my relatives houses I will pick one up out of some dark black humor compulsion and just silently freak out at what I am reading, or in case they are out of toilet paper.

• mamochan13
    mamochan13

agreed!!! I get sooo irritated by their refusal to reference sources. That, in itself, removes all credibility (as if we needed more evidence).

• diamondblue1974
    diamondblue1974

Nice to see you posting again Jez...and I completely agree with you here...I was up at my mothers and was flicking through some of the more recent editions...and I found myself trying to see where they had referenced their sources (of course they hadn't) and it is difficult to take such publications seriously.

I smiled as I read through the articles on homelessness and it was apparent to me that they really do not have a clue....fluff is the only word for it in my view.

Its good we can now read these publications with a different perspective...they are no longer the higher source of information we believed they once were.

As far as higher education goes...this is primarily the reason as academia encourages/demands critical thinking and critical reading...my guess is that they cannot take the gamble of anyone being critical of their publications.

DB74

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit