anyone ever wonder whether IT could be the TRUTH?

by Cordelia 67 Replies latest jw friends

• Cordelia
    Cordelia

I KNOW I KNOW! i cant believe im posting this either!

but ive got a huge decision to make wont go thru it all again its on my last thread, and i have decided that i am stopping going to the meetings completly (ive been dfed 7 months and because i didnt want to hurt my family even more i continued going to all the meetings and hid my boyfriend, wno was wonderful about it, put a letter of reinstatement in which they refused but relised by the way i paniked when i thought they might reinstate me that it is not what i want!)

I love my bf and want to be with him without any secrecy but i also want my family to accept him and still speak to me but i know that will not happen, so i have two choices either get reinstated and then leave (and risk losing mybf) or tell them now i dont want it and stop the meetings altogether before i go insane.

thing is to be free of the meetings and be with my bf, i will lose my family they are all so strong in the 'truth' they will not have any contact with me and my husband is divorcing me so ill lose finacially and my house and have to share time with my daughter, not to mention all my old friends who are wanting me back, and if i stop now all those months of trying to be reinstated will be wasted id be set right back,

so hence the question, when you were all faced with losing so much did you ever wonder if there was a chance it was the 'truth' how do you know if you are doing the right thing or not?

ps. i said i wasnt going to go thru it but still gave you my life story sorry!!

• Enigma One
    Enigma One

Seems like you are going to have to eventually come clean anyway. Putting it off only makes it harder/worse. Make a stand today I say.

Also, risking losing a b/f who loves you for who you are seems a bit silly too. A person that FINALLY loves you unconditionally and you want to jepordize that? Every other contact you've had has always been on the condition that you stay a Jo Ho in good standing no?

• AuldSoul
    AuldSoul

((((Cordelia)))) Yes, sweety. I did. I hurt for you so much. I am so sorry.

But (1) there are too many unanswerable questions about too many key doctrines, (2) there are too many inconsistencies on application of doctrine for a religion that claims unity as a hallmark of truth, (3) there is too much readiness to lie, deceive, or deflect any criticism for an organization that says it is spirit-directed, (4) there are too many prophecies that were utterred in Jehovah's name that failed to come true, (5) there is too much deceit about their own history and about their early teachings, and (6) there is too much pressure to avoid looking at any opposing viewpoint.

For me, these add up to one certainty: This organization bears no marks of a religion that God would use to proclaim a message to the world. It bears all the marks of the false religions it judges with damnation from God, except one. Most false religions don't prophesy in God's name. This organization says Joel 2:28, 29 applies to the Faithful and Discreet Slave, and by extension to the Jonadabs. Do you really believe they are right? That this is from God?

If not, then it is a lie.

AuldSoul

• TopHat
    TopHat

In my humble opinion, An organization that protects pedophiles and punishes the victims...can't have the blessing or be approved by God.

• unbeliever
    unbeliever

If it is the truth I would rather die at Armageddon than spend all eternity with JW's. That's just me though.

• Kaput
    Kaput
    did you ever wonder if there was a chance it was the 'truth'

There is no chance this is or ever was the 'truth'.

• jgnat
    jgnat

Did you ever wonder if a cabbage actually smells like a rose? No? I trust my observation. A rose by any other name would smell as sweet. If your "worldly" boyfriend is more patient and understanding and accepting than any of your family "in the truth", then he is the rose and they are the cabbage.

• tetrapod.sapien
    tetrapod.sapien

cord,

so hence the question, when you were all faced with losing so much did you ever wonder if there was a chance it was the 'truth'

there IS a chance it's the truth.

how do you know if you are doing the right thing or not?

because the actual chances of it being the truth are so very very minute, that it's as good as if the entire religion had never existed.

TS

• acuragirl
    acuragirl

Cordelia i feel ur pain i wonder still if its the truth every day,and i still cant decide,and im going through the same struggle with my mom in the truth and she wont have anything to do with me either if i dont choose the truth but i dont really believe in it anymore,At least i dont think i do.I have the same question though what if it is the truth?It causes me more anxiety thinking about what if it is so i think im just going to stop thinking about it and try to live my life.Would you rather be happy and live your life or would you rather be right?

• thom
    thom

I think back to AlmostAthiest's thread about quitting smoking and the games your mind plays with you. Your mind can try to encourage you to do all sorts of things for all the wrong reasons. Basically, get you to do something you know you shouldn't do, but convince you to with all sorts of odd thoughts.
    I agree completely with what what unbeliever said:
    "If it is the truth I would rather die at Armageddon than spend all eternity with JW's. That's just me though."
    No, it's not just you :)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit