Hello from Australia...

by Riverview 26 Replies latest jw friends

• Riverview
    Riverview

Just wanted to say HI...

Its my 1st time on here...it looks good.

Are there many here from Aus??

I am 37 - male - was a JW all my life until 2 years ago. Used to pioneer regularly and was a MS. Thankfully I questioned everything in the end and found out who God really is and the history of the JW's....My wife and I were shocked after reading CoC and C/freedom. We never whent back. We sent a letter to the society to remove our names - not sure if we were disfellowshipped or not???

My family and I are now Christian and we go to a huge Church here in Western Australia called Riverview. It has about 5000 members and is non-denominational. It is really cool!!

• Sad emo
    Sad emo

Hi Riverview

Welcome to the board

There's a few here from Australia - me not being one of them!

How does Riverview compare to the Hillsong church sizewise? Can we expect the Christian music market in the UK to be flooded by cd's from 'your place' soon as well

• skinnyboy
    skinnyboy

gday fellow strayne!

Riverview eh?> i seen their work on the ACN channel on Optus, lot more jolly than the old dreary kindom meldi....yawns

welcome to the "real truth" JWD that is!

• Riverview
    Riverview

hehehe!!!

Yeah Riverview is awesome!! The music is the best!!

Hillsong Church in Sydney has around 20,000 members - Riverview has about 5,000. We have a lot of Hillsong music but also a lot of home grown stuff....and YES they have many CD's and DVD's....and they are really cool!!

• Riverview
    Riverview

Hey Skinnyboy - great to see other Australians here!!!

Thanks for the welcome....it looks like a great site.

• Balsam
    Balsam

Greetings Riverview,

Glad you found your way here, lots of support and new friends to be made.

Balsam

• Miss_MG
    Miss_MG

Hi Riverview Welcome,I havent been to Western Australia but have heard from a lot of people that its beautiful.

• Riverview
    Riverview

Hi - thanks for the welcome...

Yes Western Australia is very beautiful!!

Especially this time of year in the spring...all the wild flowers are out now.

chris

• Black Sheep
    Black Sheep

Hi Riverview,

Welcome to the board.

I'm not quite an Ozzie, but I have spent a few years there. I like WA, have some cuzzies there too. JWs unfortunately, but I was never baptised, so I am still welcome.

I'll let you know next time I drop by.

Cheers

Chris

• Riverview
    Riverview

No worries Blacksheep....

Thanks for the welcome - I love NZ...I have been there a few times with work.

chris

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit