Evolution or creation.....

by searching4? 81 Replies latest jw experiences

• oldflame
    oldflame

Fairmind,

Thank you I could'nt of said it any better myself.....

• jwfacts
    jwfacts

It is impossible to 'prove' anything. People will take what makes most sense to them and then build on it the information that agrees and discard the information that doesn't, hence two totally different theories (evolution and creation) both have supporters.
    There are more than two options, there is an endless amount. Is God the ultimate sovereign, or is this universe just one of many, is god in every cell, every atom, every electron, is the whole universe part of an intelligent brain?
    I am saying this to show that you can not dumb things down to a statement that 'either God created everything or it evolved'.
    The Evolution book made a point that used to stike me as ulitmate proof that God created everything. It said that the mathematical odds of the correct amount of protons lining up in the correct order to create a cell are 1 to the power of some number larger than all the atoms in the universe, in other words, impossible. What it fails to recognise is that some force could make things line up.
    Imagine two magnets. They have a mathematic probability of 50% of lining up north to south. But in reality that have a 100% probability due to magnetic attraction.
    We barely have scrapped the surface of all the forces involved. Maybe the creation of life is a force built into everything. Just as every aspects of life imitates a sine wave or yin yang, maybe life and the universe do too, the universe and life evolves and then dies out, only to evolve again.
    For a simple JW or fundamentalist that wants a 'there is only one truth' answer, then it is easy to dismiss every theory or fact and say God did it all, and not very long ago. But I personally don't think life is that simple, don't think the answer can ever be known, and don't think it really matters. Fundamentalism creates bigotry, I would much rather base my life on love and acceptance of everyone regardless of what theory they wish to believe.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit