Evolution or creation.....

by searching4? 81 Replies latest jw experiences

• searching4?
    searching4?

Tetrapod,

Thanks for all your input. I respect your views and you have given plenty of food for thought

• searching4?
    searching4?

Oh, and S4..... with your seemingly uncompassionate and "I AM RIGHT< YOU ARE WRONG" attitude, I don't find it hard to believe you were once an elder.

• Midget-Sasquatch
    Midget-Sasquatch
    But if you personally believed that the crime was committed by demons, this would be a likely direction for your arguments to take. Question all the evidence, point out that it is not always collected cleanly, procedures weren't followed, the glove doesn't fit,... and so the most likely explanation is demons.

Yeah, true AA. I know you're just splainin' that's how they have to go about it.

Too bad they also can't furnish reasons persuasive enough to peg it on a demon, instead of oh say... the evil Greys...or poltergeists...or maybe a very highly skilled ninja/super-catburglar that can enter and leave without leaving any trace. I'm putting in my vote for that last possibility cuz its cooler and because I can't bring myself to accepting that demon babes would snub me when I offered them a good time. So demons (who are notoriously lustful) mustn't exist. Oh god, I think I'm beginning to think like them!

• Sheepish
    Sheepish

God is just a myth that humans created to help us deal with the problem that started when we became conscious of death. Sorry searching4? (interesting how close your name is to the one I chose 10 years ago...), but you need to start facing what is real, and none of that has to do with the God of teh Bible.

It's time to grow up and face the future. There is no god. We're responsible for our own life.

How freeing and how scary I found that idea....

S4

Searching4, may I ask then, what the heck you are searching for?

Just to throw some more into the mix. I know there is a God, cause he answers my prayers. I've seen undeniable evidence. (Sorry if you haven't) I've seen and experienced healings, provision and comfort. It wasn't just in my heart guys.

Like the only time we ever ran out of food, and had just prayed a really simple prayer, "Lord, you know we are out of food, and we rely on you for our provision, we could sure use some food....amen"....and my husband opened the door, and a lady was walking towards us, arms laden with white plastic bags full of food, asking if we could use some food. (I will add we did not look poor, or hungry as we were neither, just out of food and money at the moment!).I got a lots of stories.

I correspond with an athiest in Russia, of all places. He is a retired psychotherapist, and psychologist. Even he says they don't believe in the THEORY of evolution there. Why do you think it's called a theory. Even Darwin knew it had holes. It's for people who don't want to face the fact they are answerable to a Sentient Being.

If evolution, what really matters? We are animals evolving. The world is as it only can be.Who cares about the future? There is no need for right and wrong. But if you corner an evolutionist, he wants justice and mercy like everyone else.Why would you bother to even be on this site. You are simply evolving and there is no "seeking" baby, you're bound for the compost pile!

You can denigrate the true origen of the species all you want, talking down to folks who know their Creator, but in the end you are left with a dying earth and no hope. How's that working out for you?

• tetrapod.sapien
    tetrapod.sapien
    I know there is a God, cause he answers my prayers. I've seen undeniable evidence.

sheepish,

you should collect james randi's million dollar prize then.

http://www.randi.org/research/index.html

if anything, it would make life easier to have some extra cash.

You can denigrate the true origen of the species all you want, talking down to folks who know their Creator, but in the end you are left with a dying earth and no hope. How's that working out for you?

better than when i was a xian.

TS

• Sheepish
    Sheepish

Thing is, in my experience it isn't "paranormal" it's normal.!

• tetrapod.sapien
    tetrapod.sapien

he would be interested to know your reasons why.

the million dollar prize is for anyone who can show that something that was once considered paranormal, is indeed actually just normal.

TS

• Seeker4
    Seeker4

Searching4? - Wasn't trying to be uncompassionate - I urged you to enjoy your search as I had. Don't judge me on the basis of one or two posts. I've been in your shoes, and not that long ago. I'm actually quite sympathetic to your plight. I'm sorry if I seem a bit impatient with it.

Sheepish - They don't believe in evolution in Russia, eh? I think that says a lot about you - or perhaps your Russian friend! You might also want to check out what a scientific theory is before you use the term improperly, as you did in your post. I'll bet there's not much of a science background there, hmmm? There are some great posts here discussing these ideas. Explore them.

S4

• Sheepish
    Sheepish

I am quite familiar with "Scientific theory". I suggest you understand what "theory" means.

My point about Russia was, it doesn't take a "religious' person to see that this all was designed. They have grown up without any personal concept of God. They realize that there is not a chance in "hell" that it would all just happen over millions and millions of years.You can't make your theory any better giving it millions and millions more years.Sorry, it's still an unproven theory. Why that's what makes it a theory!

I am just saying it takes as much belief to go for evolution as it does creation. You believe you came from a rock (or worse: nothing!), I believe an incredibly intelligent entity created it all. I pity you, you look down on me...so freakin' what? Read ALL the evidence-make your decision and be at peace with it. That's the beauty of it, you get to choose what you believe is correct! And one day, we'll find out for sure, won't we? If you're right, it won't matter. If I'm right...well, you may be disappointed...and I don't think God is going to "kill all the evolutionists like cockroaches", cause my Bible says, "God looks on the heart." so I leave it up to him.Course it also says, "They are without excuse" cause the evidence is all around them in creation., but again, that is up to him! Remember, if you were a JW, you fell for a line before, so don't jump at the first thing that seems right to you.Thoroughly investigate!

I do know that the definition for "faith" is also an explantion of physics. That the Bible has a lot of scientific information, some of which is only being aknowleged today.But the validity of the Bible is a whole other rabbit trail isn't it.

If someone really wants to know, they will do the research, and if they have been one of Jehovah's Witnesses, they will be darn sure to look at ALL the information available.Pro and con.

Don't mean to offend you or start a war, just making a few things self evident.

• tetrapod.sapien
    tetrapod.sapien

sheepish,

i suggest you study the theory of evolution before critiquing it. it's one thing to ask honest questions. it's another to talk trash about evolution.

http://talkorigins.org/faqs/evolution-fact.html

i hope this helps you understand the context of "theory" within scientific methodology.

TS

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit