Zecharia Sitchin

by IP_SEC 18 Replies latest watchtower bible

• IP_SEC
    IP_SEC

This is the kind of stuff Im looking for. Leo, I'll read that link when I get a few mins.

Gracias

• Sam the Man
    Sam the Man

I wonder if Leo has ever read any of his works, or rather, found the website, read what it has to say about the guy, then formed the opinion.

• Leolaia
    Leolaia

Sam...I bought his "Wars of Gods and Men" in 1985 when I was a teenager...yes I have read his books, and I read that website back in 1999, so you are wrong on both counts. And I did not form my opinion at the time I read that website; I formed it between 1985 and 1999 when I learned enough of ancient languages to know that Sitchen was reading much into ancient texts and into Hebrew/Akkadian words.

• Sam the Man
    Sam the Man

Then I am mistaken, sorry!

• Sam the Man
    Sam the Man

...the reason why I said that was because you look too young to have read in 1984!

• jaguarbass
    jaguarbass

Leolaia, correct me if I am wrong you are an advocate and proponent of the bible and have the audacity to criticize another documents scholarly value or intellectual honesty?

Thats like someone in a glass house throwing stones or the kettle calling the tea pot black.

Sitchen writes good science fiction, but none of it should be taken seriously. His linguistic errors and false etymologies belong to the realm of "fiction" not "fact".

What you say in the above paragraph may be true, but I dont see how you cant see the same thing about the bible.

And no matter what anyone investigates in this life evolution, creation, the bible, anything that is not concrete and tangible, there is an abundance of evidence pro and con.

Still I have a hard time understanding how you can be critical of another living persons intellectual investigations regarding our origens and at the same time advocate the bible as being something more than a papper weight.

• skyking
    skyking

I have read some of his books. Time will shortly prove if he is correct or not. 2012 is not far off. Planet X does not have much time to reveal itself. If the 12 planet shows then we will know he is correct. If it does not, I still believe that he is not a nut job because what he says is found in the old texts. He did not just pull the old writings out of his ass. He bases his belief from the old books.

I am watching with an open mind but that is all.

• jaguarbass
    jaguarbass

I have read some of his books. Time will shortly prove if he is correct or not. 2012 is not far off. Planet X does not have much time to reveal itself. If the 12 planet shows then we will know he is correct. If it does not, I still believe that he is not a nut job because what he says is found in the old texts. He did not just pull the old writings out of his ass. He bases his belief from the old books.

I am watching with an open mind but that is all.

Sky king, If the 12 planet appears, when it appears I would think our government and media will suppress the information as long as they can.

If the 12 planet appears, it will be independent amateur back yard astronomers who find it.

I think 2012 will come and go just like the year 2000. But the 12th planet is something to be mindful of.

• skyking
    skyking

The rest of the world is talking about the 12th planet. A friend of mine traveled to Argentina this summer, while there he found in the News paper that the US had just recently built a observatory to watch the 12th planet.

If you do a google search about the 12th planet you'll find Russia has even posted photos of the planet. The rest of the world outside of the US does not look at this as crazy but as the truth that the planet is coming. We here in the US for some reason laugh at the thought.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit