Weddings That Honor Jehovah

by Kent 48 Replies latest jw friends

• Kent
    Kent

*** w97 4/15 23 Weddings That Honor Jehovah ***

I simply love reading the Watchtower. There is so many “fine, timely advices” to get, and I simply cant’s understand all the people here whining about the Watchtower being a mind controlling cult. I simply have to agree with people like Greg Stafford, Firpo Carr, Kismet, Prisca and others on this board – that’s typical “tabloid-trash”!

I have amused myself sucking in the fine timely advices about marriages, which you should all read. You can find it in the Watchtower April 15. 1997. On the pages you will find exactly the same advices on how to behave as our dear Prisca would like us all to live up to, and for the sake of love of our next human being, we should all consider these advices.

We would not help unbelieving relatives to see the difference between truth and falsehood if we set a wedding date according to their superstitions. The fact is, Christians can get married in any month.

Hmmmm. Isn’t there a little misunderstanding here, somewhere? What if someone wants to get married on a “common date” – for one reason or the other? They couldn’t make the wedding a witness of truth then, could they? Because the whole idea of marriage in these timely advices given is to present the Jehovah’s Witnesses as non-superstitious people, and to make the wedding an example to the world about “clean living”.

The local elders will confirm that the arrangements for the ceremony would leave them with clean consciences. The time should be set so that there will be no conflict with any congregational activity. The brother chosen to give the wedding talk will meet beforehand with the prospective bridegroom and bride to offer helpful advice and to be sure that there are no moral or legal impediments to the marriage and that he is in accord with the plans for any social gathering to follow.

The Norwegian edition of the Watchtower, the elders shall see to there is no "legal impediments" as well. I'm sure the window cleaners has a fine legal exam...

I agree to the demand of elders investigation. “Listen, Sister New Hope. Did you by any chanse suck your husband to be’s cock? If not, maybe you let him fondle your breasts, or you are guilty in extensive petting? Please let us have all the nasty little details, and please excuse us when we leave for the bathroom every now and then!”

Also, when a photographer is invited to record the occasion, orderliness is important. We do well to require that the photographer come dressed in jacket, tie, and formal trousers and that he does not interfere with the talk when he takes pictures.

Photographer dressed in jacket, tie and formal trousers wanted! We don’t give a shit if he knows nothing about a camera – as long as he’s formally dressed according to theocratic standards. Of course, he won’t be a guest – just a photographer – but if a relative should watch from the outside – because we don’t want the immoral assholes to join in our feast – they should at least see we have some standards here!

A reception is not a requirement for a successful wedding, but there is no Scriptural objection to such a happy occasion. However, such a gathering for true Christians should be different from worldly receptions marked by extravagance, heavy drinking, overeating, wild music, suggestive dancing, and even fights. The Bible categorizes “revelries” with the works of the flesh. (Galatians 5:21) It is easier to have proper control when it is not a very large gathering. There is no need to erect a tent to satisfy popular customs. Should some decide to use a tent for reasons of space or weather, this is a personal matter.

Beware of the music! But please, don’t try to find out what kind of music is acceptable. The Watchtower has printed that Jazz is everything from “Jehovah’s gift to humans” to “Satan’s invention” – and what’s “demonic” changes with the wind.

But, cheer up folks! You’re allowed to choose all by yourselves if you want to use a party-tent! That’s written in John 7:28, I guess. LOL

Experience has shown that a good way to limit the number of guests is by using specific invitations in writing. It is wiser to invite individuals instead of whole congregations, and as orderly Christians, we should respect such limitations. Written invitations also help us to avoid the embarrassment of having a disfellowshipped person show up at the reception, for if that happened, many brothers and sisters might choose to leave.

Of course, these invitations should be scrutinized by the elders, to make sure no spiritual weak people, or anyone they don’t like are able to sneak in as common party-crashers. Even though people like teejay are a welcomed person among his “former” (ha, ha) friends, the Watchtower doesn’t like him – and don’t want any “apostates” or disfellowshipped persons inside.

On the other hand, you never know what people in GOOD STANDING might do either, and therefore a party must NOT involve MANY persons. You never know what these sex-fixated, horny old buggers and bats might do given the opportunity, so you better get some elders see to the control.

Well, there have been cases when worldly relatives created such an embarrassing situation at a wedding reception that many brothers and sisters felt that they could not remain.

Shiiit! A relative came to the wedding! And the bastard wasn’t a Dub with a good stand? Let’s get out of here!

In accord with John 2:8, 9, it is practical to select a “director of the feast.” The bridegroom will want to choose a trusted Christian who will see to it that orderliness and high standards are maintained. Where friends bring gifts, this should be done without “showy display.” (1 John 2:16) Music can be happy without being tainted by questionable lyrics, excessive noise, or wild rhythm. Many have found it best to have an elder listen in advance to the music to be played. Dancing may bring pitfalls, as many traditional dances are derived from fertility dancing and feature inappropriate sensuality. The “cake and champagne moment” has sometimes been a signal for worldly people to cut loose.

As I said, it’s a timely advice to have a “trusted” Christian as a “director of the feast”. He can be a pedophile, no problem. A rapist and a wife abuser – as long as he didn’t do any of these things with two or three witnesses present!

Also, this trusted window cleaner, which doesn’t like music at all, must decide what music is proper. Kingdom Melodies is a good choice, but most of the rest is bad. The composer might be an alcoholic, a homosexual and all – and all this will reflect in his music, according to the Witchpower.

Though Jesus attended a wedding, we cannot imagine that he would approve of the popular custom of having a cortege of cars circulate through town with much noise; police have even fined drivers for honking in a wedding procession. (See Matthew 22:21.)

As far as I know, Matthew said Jesus drove a rather small Japanese car, with no horn – and since he was the only one having a car, there was no cortege. Or something like that. LOL

Yakki Da

Kent

"The only difference between a fool and the JW legal department is that a fool might be sympathetic ."

Daily News On The Watchtower and the Jehovah's Witnesses:
    http://watchtower.observer.org

• ChuckD
    ChuckD

I can still remember one wedding I attended back in the '70's where we were all having a great time and dancing, only to have the self-appointes "master of the feast" declare that the music was inappropriate and shut it off mid-song. What a dick.

• funkyderek
    funkyderek

My brother got married in January. My father wasn't invited because he's disfellowshipped. I hate those bastards.

--
    Ubi dubium ibi libertas

• Prisca
    Prisca

[>:(][>:(][>:(][>:(][>:(][>:(][>:(][>:(][>:(][>:(]

Can't help yourself to avoid putting in a snide comment here and there about me?

Fine example of a real man Kent! Who do you think you are? You're a worthless piece of rubbish on this DB!

YOU ARE A BITTER AND TWISTED OLD MAN WHO HAS NO MORALS!

With "apostates" like you, it's almost enough to make a person consider going back to the Witnesses!

[>:(][>:(][>:(][>:(][>:(][>:(][>:(][>:(][>:(][>:(]

• Kismet
    Kismet

Kent:

yet again you resort to half truths (lies) and innuendo.

I have repeatedly stated that the WTBS is a highly controlling sect. We are in agreement on that.

My problem with some ex-jw's is their using the same methods as the WTBS while at the same time condemning them for the same. That my friend makes one a HYPOCRITE.

Feel free to continue your pot shots and insults Kent. You are just proving my point.

Kismet

• peterstride
    peterstride

Ah...guys (including Prisca and Kismet),

I thought that Kent was being sarcastic at the society, not at you guys. He was just making a joke (I think). I certainly didn't expect those kinds of responses from you two.

Maybe, something got lost in the translation from Norwegian to English...

Kismet...I'm sure we'll talk about that over a beer (or four) on Saturday.

Prisca...I hope U guys get together for an Australian Aposofest! [:D}

Luv U all...and let's not fight!

Peter Stride
    Toronto, Canada

• peterstride
    peterstride

Ah...guys (including Prisca and Kismet),

I thought that Kent was being sarcastic at the society, not at you guys. He was just making a joke (I think). I certainly didn't expect those kinds of responses from you two.

Maybe, something got lost in the translation from Norwegian to English...

Kismet...I'm sure we'll talk about that over a beer (or four) on Saturday.

Prisca...I hope U guys get together for an Australian Aposofest! [:D}

Luv U all...and let's not fight!

Peter Stride
    Toronto, Canada

• Prisca
    Prisca

Sorry Peter, but both Kismet and I have known Kent's online persona for a fair while now. He's an arrogant pig with no self-control.

• Kent
    Kent
    Hi there, Miss Prisca!

YOU ARE A BITTER AND TWISTED OLD MAN WHO HAS NO MORALS!

LOL! It seems I really got you sorted out, didn't I? Once again you show your fantastic knowledge of my personal life, and my motives.

With "apostates" like you, it's almost enough to make a person consider going back to the Witnesses!

Please do! Do you think anyone will ever notice you're gone?

Yakki Da

Kent

"The only difference between a fool and the JW legal department is that a fool might be sympathetic ."

Daily News On The Watchtower and the Jehovah's Witnesses:
    http://watchtower.observer.org

• peterstride
    peterstride

I'm sure that if we met Kent in person and had a few beers together, we'd all become great friends!

But, I can also understand that his online persona rubs some people the wrong way.

Kent....tone it down a bit...won't you?

Like I said before, Luv yah all!!!

Peter Stride
    Toronto, Canada
    PS. Stop insulting one another. Down boy, down!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit