New Governing Body members

by Lot 12 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Lot
    Lot

I was curious if anyone has any thoughts on why the two new members of the GB haven't beeen announced on the Society's web site? They were appointed on August 25 according to what I have read here, but no one in my congregation has said anyhting about it. I know it is still a little early for it to be in the Watchtower, but don't they usually post this kind of news at jw media?

Just wondering.

Lot

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

I must admit I thought we would have heard something by now on their website. I assume the announcement in the magazine will be in the January 1st 2006 Watchtower. They may say they do not want to be seen glorifying men on their website. However, they usually do not miss an opportunity to glorify GB members

• kid-A
    kid-A

I think they will have a hard time explaining how these 2 relatively young men (by that I mean under 80) could possibly be of the annointed class.

If they had been smart, they should have replaced them with a couple 85 year olds so as not to alter the median age of their old fart club.

It will be interesting though, imagine having 2 new young "whipper snappers" on the board of directors that DONT wear depends, a bib while they eat, and actually stay

awake during the board meetings???

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

having 2 new young "whipper snappers" on the board of directors

OFFICIALLY . No GB member is a director anymore. They are GB members bot NOT directors of the Society

• SadElder
    SadElder

They are not likely to give credence to the internet by making such an anonuncement there before it's written in the Watchtower, the only channel dubs are to trust.

• TopHat
    TopHat

One brother I know of the anointed....His name is Bro. Freedman 55 years old. He is not a member of the GB though. Why are so many young anointed all of a sudden?

• jstalin
    jstalin
    One brother I know of ;the anointed....His name is Bro. Freedman ;55 years old. He is not a member of the GB though. Why are so many young anointed all of a sudden?

Because the whole idea is a fraud...

• HappyDad
    HappyDad

Top Hat,

One brother I know of the anointed....His name is Bro. Freedman 55 years old. He is not a member of the GB though. Why are so many young anointed all of a sudden?

Because the ones who were appointed are those who actually pretend they listen when the borg says ...."Do more....do more." even though they might embellish lie on their monthly service report...........and they know the right higher ups to be friends with butt to plant their lips on.

This Bro. that you know more than likely doesn't fit the profile. He probably stays in the background for the most part and really loves to serve Jehovah and be an integral part of his congregation.

And keep in mind.......the annointed and FDS (faithful and discreet slave) are two different entities. Sort of like being high up in a company but not being on the board of directors.

HappyDad

• blondie
  • free2beme
    free2beme

In the time I was in, it seemed we heard more about the death of members then appointments. Normally it was something annouced doing the Service Meeting.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit