Gog of Magog, UN etc

by yaddayadda 10 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• yaddayadda
    yaddayadda

Hi, Does anyone know if there has been anything in any Watchtowers or other Watchtower publications since June 1 2003 which shed any more light on the below?:

The Watchtower, June 1, 2003 Issue, Page 20, Paragraph 11:

"Gog of Magog is identified as Satan the Devil in his debased condition since 1914. As a spirit creature, he cannot carry out his attack directly, but will use human agencies to do his deeds. Who will these human agencies be? The Bible does not give us details, yet it does give us certain indications that can help us to identify who they will be. As world events unfold in fulfilment of Bible propecies, we gradually get an ever clearer picture. Jehovah's people avoid speculation but remain spiritually alert, fully aware of political and religious developments that fit into the framework of Bible prophecy."

• skinnyboy
    skinnyboy

and people fear this debased creature????? FFS, he can't even do any of his own dirty work, the lazy s.o.b.!

Speculation, so lets see for every 1 in 100 events one will resemble some idea of a "sign" how convenient, not that co-incidence is a word widely used in teh Dub universe.

i have no sympathy for the brain dead sheep! they deserve to get "persecuted"

• AuldSoul
    AuldSoul

skinnyboy, they were led into that slumber. I have sympathy for my family. I have sympathy for them all, except the ones who know and do nothing to change it.

• skinnyboy
    skinnyboy

yeah i agree totally with you on that point champ!

Some people just can't be convinced, its hardwired into them. It usually takes a major event that challenges them personally for a window of opportunity to open to extract them from the fog. My mother for example, faded away after my dad was DF'ed, the only reason she dosent go back is becuase she is alone now (her choice mind you) and feels alone in the congregation. Shes not been a meeting in years but she still beleives the crap! after everything the congregation did to our familly pschologically, my younger sister having nearly killed herself 2 times and her getting reproved because of it, yet she still harbours feelings of going back! Thats what kills me, that shes still wired into the Matrix (on a wireless connection lol) Thats the reason why i hate the Society because it puts dogma first over family ties.

ITS A CULT, PEOPLE.. WAKE UP!

• UnDisfellowshipped
    UnDisfellowshipped

Hello Yaddayadda,

I don't have the publications in front of me at the moment (I'll try to post the quotes here later), but yes, there is a new "Kingdom Ministry" and a new Watchtower article which have gone back to the idea that the United Nations will attack the Jehovah's Witnesses.

• yaddayadda
    yaddayadda

Wind ya neck in Skinnyboy. I'm just asking for a little help on some research, okaayy. I don't have access to the Watchtower library CD or recent publications. Was I defending the WTS?

Much thanks Undisfellowshipped. Actually I've since spotted that one of the study articles in the very latest October 2005 Watchtower summarised by Blondie has something about it. So much for the June 2003 "new light".

• TopHat
    TopHat

The 2003 Watchtower article sounds like "Double Speak"

• Sheepish
    Sheepish

Gog of Magog is identified as Satan the Devil in his debased condition since 1914. As a spirit creature, he cannot carry out his attack directly, but will use human agencies to do his deeds. Who will these human agencies be?

Interesting, never read that before. How could they then say the nephilim had intercourse with humans...

I think if the UN gains enough power, and things continue to go the way they are now, and the way they have gone in other countries, they'll pretty much "attack" any Christian religion that doesn't play ball with them.

• skinnyboy
    skinnyboy

Wind ya neck in Skinnyboy.

Hows the research coming along anyhows?

• Cygnus
    Cygnus
    Gog of Magog is identified as Satan the Devil in his debased condition since 1914.

So Satan got more debased after 1914? Wasn't he kinda debased since his initial rebellion?

Maybe not so much, and did get more debased, according to the literature:

w85 10/15 p. 31 Questions From Readers ***

Consider, too, Revelation 12:1-17. At the end of the Gentile Times in 1914, God’s heavenly "woman" produced the Kingdom government as a "male child." The debased Satan "grew wrathful at the woman." But his attack was not directly against God’s wifely organization in heaven, to which he no longer had access.

w53 2/15 p. 123 When Will God’s Kingdom Come? ***

That the year 1914 was seen to be significant, we again refer to The Watchtower, and this time to the issue of January 1, 1914 (pages 3, 4). "From every point of view the year 1914 seems big with possibilities. . . . We believe that the year 1914 gives evidence of greater possibilities of service for the truth than has any previous year . . . Let us be more than ever on the alert, therefore, to be used and useful in the service of our King." So it is clear that in 1914, according to the facts as they happened, fulfillment of the prophecy recorded in Revelation chapter 12 began to take place. At that time Satan was cast out of heaven. He was debased to the earth.

Ugh... they wrongly apply the 1914 Watchtower position. Anyone who reads how their 1917 publication "The Finished Mystery" explains Revelation 12 (i.e. Michael is the pope) would fairly throw up at this paragraph. Be that as it may, it appears here the word "debased" is being used to mean "displaced to an unfavorable position."

w61 9/1 p. 525 Hold Your Position ***

In 607 B.C., when Jerusalem and her domain were completely desolated by Nebuchadnezzar, king of Babylon, when the typical or small-scale kingdom of God was made a ruin, then it was that Satan in the fullest sense became the undisputed "god of this system of things." ... Would Satan prove successful? Never! He might blind himself as he does the unbelievers, but in that same sure word of prophecy his terrific fall, from so high to so low and debased a position, is also vividly described at Isaiah 14:12, 15-20. This began to be fulfilled in 1914 when Christ Jesus, as Michael at the head of his heavenly forces, on behalf of the true God Jehovah, fought Satan the dragon, the mimic god, and his forces, and, as a result, "down the great dragon was hurled..."

I guess I never really quite had that thought fully understood - that Satan had a position of power, being still in heaven, that rivaled Jehovah's. This is as good as Zeus and the other Grecian gods messing with human and superhuman affairs here and there and vice versa.

This is just weird.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit