Back after quite awhile away .. thought I'd say hello and give an update :)

by somebodylovesme 18 Replies latest jw friends

• somebodylovesme
    somebodylovesme

Thanks, mouthy. :) I always have enjoyed your posts.

And thanks for all the welcomes! I think I'm already getting addicted again ...

• juni
    juni

Good evening,

You can read some of my history - just click on Juni. I probably wasn't posting when you were. Sounds like you and your husband are enjoying your life together which is wonderful!!!! Yes, I too, found that there are many loving people "in the world" who will come to your aid and be a TRUE friend w/o strings attached as it is in the org.

Yeah, I remember all of those talks that no worldly person is a good person. B****. It's been so refreshing to know now that this is a biased and false statement and therefore I have gone on w/my life and enjoy company with those that are respectful to me.

I hope for your continued blessings outside of this narrow minded organization made up of imperfect men who want to impose their ideas as to how you should live your life down to how God wants you to worship Him in every single situation and if you don't you will not be saved from destruction. They play with peoples' need for spirituality - always wanting you to do more and be more.

Take care and I will enjoy other postings of yours. Juni ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

• Es
    Es

I dont think i was here when you were, welcome back.

Your life sounds great.

All the bes

es

• Nate Merit
    Nate Merit

testing 1-2-3

• crazyblondeb
    crazyblondeb

Hello, and welcome back! It's good to hear others that have found a life. Me, this IS my life!! ha ha You must have stopped about the time I started!

shelley

• sass_my_frass
    sass_my_frass

GREAT work, with the reply, and describing your volunteer work. (And bless your hearts for doing My flatmate once left it!!).

I've gotten a lot of attitude over my volunteer jobs too, from people who have even said that they wouldn't do anything for free besides going out on the preach. There is a recent Awake whose cover story is about Volunteering. 'Nobody cares enough to volunteer anymore.... People only want to Volunteer Lite..... the only Volunteering worth doing is more preaching.....' Sigh. It's maddening that people who call themselves Christians actually care about other people for as long as somebody is at the door.

• somebodylovesme
    somebodylovesme

Sass,

Thank you for that. I appreciate it. I love volunteering where I do ... and I love being involved in the community. On a personal level, it puts everything in perspective; it's hard to whine about your own bad day when you are helping people who need food and clothing. And on a grander level, I just think so many of our ills could be solved if more people would stop judging people and start helping them. It sounds naive and cliche, maybe, but that's how I feel.

If Witnesses ever knock on our door (our apartment complex has a No Solicitation policy, but ... we'll see) -- I'm going to play dumb and ask what sort of volunteer work they do in the community and throughout the world. And when they talk about their preaching, I'm going to say, but do you materially help anyone? Do you feed those who are hungry? Do you take care of those who need a helping hand? Or do you just help those who are willing to convert to your religion?

I am bitter toward a lot of religious groups, but I have much more respect for those who actually go out and do something useful, other than preaching hellfire and damnation (or in Witness-speak, Paradise and the New System).

I would LOVE to read that Awake article on volunteerism ... if anyone has a copy, can you post it? Pretty please?

Thanks much, and take care.

SLM

• misspeaches
    misspeaches

Hi SLM... Its great to meet you. I think I am one of the newbies who have come along into this community since you've been gone.

But its great to hear that you and your husband are getting on with your life. That his fade from the organisation has so far been successful. That his family is supportive of you both. That you are actively involved in the community. (I am sure you gain a lot of rewards from that as well!)

Please stay around - You can help so many here just embarking on journey's similar to your hubby's and your own.

• sass_my_frass
    sass_my_frass

I'll see if I can get that article, it's typically tedious though, you can probably write it yourself!

Those are exactly the reasons I volunteer... my life looks so much better when I compare it to some others. I've always thought I get more out of it than I put into it. Far more than I ever got out of going out on the preach, anyway. At least I'm doing something worthwhile.

I don't know how I'll handle the first witness who comes to my door. The truth is, Motherdarling joined The Truth and it destroyed our family. I might just say that.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit