DARN IT!!!!!!!!!!!

by lola28 34 Replies latest jw friends

• Spectre
    Spectre

I bet you are so intimidating that you just scared her away.

• dezpbem
    dezpbem

Btw what type of work is it that you do if you don't mind my asking?

Have you tried placing ads in the paper for a worker? Tried employment agencies or dept of labor?

• lola28
    lola28

I am a midget (well not really) I am short and I sound like I am nine when I am on the phone. Also I am not mean unless someone crosses the line in which case watch out! We have a ton of fun in my office but we are also very serious when it comes to work.

We run an insurance agency it is not hard work when you learn to do it. All we needed her to do was filing, take payments, do binders and endorsements. Things that are not hard to do but sometimes do not get done because we have 50 other things that are more important.

Hi Spectre (waives and runs to hide because she is too ashamed that she did not return your email yet)

lola

• BrendaCloutier
    BrendaCloutier

Lola, I agree, it's not difficult work! I worked in an agency for several years.

It sounds like she took care of your problem for you. Not a good fit. But back to the hiring process is a pain in the arse, too. I know, had to do that, too.

I know this sounds crass, but call around to other insurance agencies and ask if someone is interested in PT work. Or, if you are in a city-wide group of agents like Farmers or St. Farm, ask the agents, they may have a PT person who wants more work... already trained!

• lola28
    lola28

Thanks for the advice Brenda, I guess there are not many people willing to do this kind of work which is weird because it pays well. About a week ago we got a call from another agency wanting to know if anyone here was intrested in working PT for them.

I hope we can find someone soon there is too much work and I don't know if I can handel all of it.

lola

• Aude_Sapere
    Aude_Sapere

Sounds more like DAMN IT!!! to me.

But then my language has become more agressive during the past few years...

I always had good success with hiring high school kids. Good with language skills they made great office assistants. 2-4 hours per day after school was just perfect for our needs and they could work longer on holidays. Many of them were grateful to not have to wear uniforms (like in fast food places) and were thrilled to not have to work so late into the evenings since we were nearly always done by 6 or 7pm.

College kids can be great, too.

We really enjoyed our high school kids usually a different one each year and did that for 12 years. They knew when they were hired that part of their job would be training their replacement. The first few that we had also helped make a manual that could be referenced and updated as needed.

Good luck finding someone suitable to your office.

-Aude.

• BrendaCloutier
    BrendaCloutier
    About a week ago we got a call from another agency wanting to know if anyone here was intrested in working PT for them.

I worked PT for 3 agencies (Farmers) for almost 2 years for full-time+ hours. I didn't get any benefits but I had pleanty of income.

Maybe someone looking for FT can end up working for 2 agencies? Maybe get together with the other agency and run a joint adv. and interviewing for someone?

How about someone in your client-base?

• lola28
    lola28

Thanks Aude, now I am stressing out tryng to figure out how I am going to get all the work done by myself. It is going to be hard but I've done it before so I think I'll be fine.

lola

• Es
    Es

Let your boss know what has happened and how in the first week she seems unrelibale and then let him\her deal with the problem. Hopefully there is someone out there looking for this type of work who is a little more reliable.

All the best

es

• Buhdee
    Buhdee

What about any seniors/retirees? Or if it just a few hours, what about moms duing the day before tha afternoon, while the kids are in school?

You might also try rehab services to see if somone needs work exprience who may have been disabled

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit