Does blood freak you out????

by dezpbem 20 Replies latest jw friends

• inquirer
    inquirer

Yes it does! It's yuck!* But what's worse is MEDICAL PROCEDURES!

I was freaking out when I had to watch the medical video on blood by the J Dubs! We had to watch it (last year) for the Kingdom Ministry meeting.

*Might be a contracition because I use to love playing games like Mortal Kombat and Doom (This really doesn't have much blood in my opinion -- it's more "guts" than "blood" and they are alien creatures -- it makes you less conscious than if it was a human.) I would probably still play them again (especially Doom -- much preferred that too Wolfenstein) and enjoy it all the same. :)

• blondie
    blondie

I don't think anyone likes needles. I have heard of drug addicts that have other people shoot them up because they are afraid of using needles.

Some freak about blood but then have unprotected sex with someone they barely know.

I find it is important not too look when have blood drawn but I have finally learned to inject myself because of an illness I have developed over the last 10 years.

I think most people here would do the same if they had to.

Blondie

• That Nate Guy
    That Nate Guy

(I've had this phobia of blood and needles ever since I was given the anti-blood programming. Anyone else have his phobia as well? I'm wondering if i'm the only person to have this fear.)

You aren't alone. I became a vegetarian after being shunned, and to this day I cannot even TOUCH blood. Now it's because I know a sentient being was killed, and the blood is a disease carrier, but in the beginning it was due to WTBTS indoctrination.

THAT NATE GUY

• blondie
    blondie

I see you balance your views on blood with this

My convictions on violence and self-protection are my own, not the dictates of anyone else. I'm not a pacifist, though I think most wars (such as Dubya's Folly) are stupid and pointless. Would you simply stand by while someone was raping or murdering someone you love? No? Good. You're sane. Mace and Tazers are fine in my book. Especially as Amerika continues to degenerate.

• Honesty
    Honesty
    How do you do the blood donation thing?

I close my eyes and talk to the technician while it is being drawn. It took almost a year after I left the JW cult to realise that Jesus gave His blood so others could live. I see no problem with giving my blood so others can live, either and have donated it as replacement for one of my friends who has leukemia and will die without blood transfusions.

• ballistic
    ballistic

No, not a needles or a blood thing. A nurse comented how I didn't even flinch when she stuck a needle in my arse pretty hard. But I did turn down blood for the operation and lied saying I was a JDUB. How's that?

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

No it is lovely especially when running from a juicy very rare Prime Rib --or in a blood sausage

• crazyblondeb
    crazyblondeb

I got used to playing in it on a daily basis, and eat lunch in between. Working the ER and ICU does that to a person!!

But no one ever did call the the most balanced person, either!! ha ha

shelley

• Krisiva10
    Krisiva10

Yes! Well, as far as the blood transfusion thing goes. It's the one thing that I've fought with getting out of my mind since I left. When I think about someone elses blood running through my viens, if ever I needed a transfusion just totally grosses me out. Like I'd feel icky or something. My husband says its just what Ive been fed and made to believe all my life that makes me feel that way. So, I've tried really hard to agree with blood transfusions and such but I still feel that wierdness. It bugs me

• Been there
    Been there

Only if its mine!

Seeing someone elses doesn't bother me a bit.

I

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit