Does blood freak you out????

by dezpbem 20 Replies latest jw friends

• dezpbem
    dezpbem

I've had this phobia of blood and needles ever since I was given the anti-blood programming.

Anyone else have his phobia as well?

I'm wondering if i'm the only person to have this fear.

• Soledad
    Soledad

No. I'm a blood donor now. I'm not crazy about the needles either.

• JH
    JH

I dont fear blood, or needles, but contaminated blood or Aids or anthing in the blood that can be transmitted scares me.

• Jordan
    Jordan

No, I was a mild self harmer, gave myself the odd cut. but in recent yearsive been avoiding spillage at all costs(like a normal person) but I'm not freaked out by it.

• kls
    kls

No ,seeing blood does not bother me but my sister and son who have no affiliation with the jws ,will actually passout at the site of blood.

Now my brother inlaw also no affilation with jws ,won't go near a needle.

Not sure if this is a jw thing or people just having a phobia.

• dezpbem
    dezpbem

Hmmm. Good to know. Maybe it's just a regular phobia.

How do you do the blood donation thing? (Despite the fact that I have the phobia I have had needles and i.v. before. Hate it but I can handle it).

• Darth Yhwh
    Darth Yhwh

I've always enjoyed the taste.

• Ingenuous
    Ingenuous

Needles don't bother me, and I get a kick out of watching the lab techs draw my blood. (I know, there's something wrong with me...)

But it was the "no blood" issue that started my exodus from the Org. And ever since, I've had dreams about being ill/injured and needing blood.

I think my subconscious is in overdrive...

• dezpbem
    dezpbem
    I've always enjoyed the taste.

With coke, pepsi, or dr pepper, LOL?

• thom
    thom

I always get light headed when I see blood and I have to lay down to take a needle.
    I don't think it has anything to do with being a JW, some people are just that way.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit