My simple answer for AlmostAthiest.

by defd 34 Replies latest jw friends

• ozziepost
    ozziepost
    Of the 8,000 and more partakers, who really are "the anointed?"

None?

• defd
    defd

I have not posted a reply to your comments not because I am ignoring you, but I want to hear almostathiest reply. OK? I need to save my remaining posts for him.

D.

Oh wait I just say your reply. My answer was not satisfying? I answered no and even gave my reason as to why I feel that way.

• ozziepost
    ozziepost
    I need to save my remaining posts for him.

Struth, defd, you've made 51 posts today already!!!! Time to get some air and sunshine, mate!

• defd
    defd

I cant I am at work. I will be going to lunch here pretty soon.

D.

• AlmostAtheist
    AlmostAtheist
    My answer was not satisfying? I answered no and even gave my reason as to why I feel that way.

It's not that it wasn't satisfying, it just was a satisfying answer to a question I wasn't asking. I didn't mean, "Is it possible that they aren't annointed?" I meant, "Is it possible that they are mistaken in identifying themselves as the 'faithful and discreet' slave"

I appreciate you thinking about it and giving a considered answer, and I'm sorry about the confusion. I presented the question in a way that led you to answer a different one. (I do it to my wife all the time, I know it's me.)

So, the question is: "Is it possible that they are mistaken in identifying themselves as the 'faithful and discreet slave'?"

Not "are they mistaken", but only "is it possible".

Will you answer it? Or at least consider it?

Thanks!

Dave

• defd
    defd

My answer would be no I am going to lunch now, I will be back in 3hr. Yah I know A 3hr lunch! I got it good like that D.

• AlmostAtheist
    AlmostAtheist
    My answer would be no

Ok. Willing to discuss? (I will assume you are, but if not, just ignore this. You have the right to discuss/not-discuss whatever you want.) So you recognize that the men running the Watchtower (currently encapsulated in the Governing Body) can make errors. (e.g., Romans 13:1 and identification of the 'superior authorities', 1975, 'this generation') And you recognize that the Watchtower itself says they are not inspired, not infallible, capable of error. And you understand that you only know that they are the modern-day "faithful and discreet slave" because they have identified themselves as such. Yet you feel that in this one point they are incapable of error. I don't understand that. Either you are capable of error, and therefore all your decisions are suspect. Or you are infallible and none of your decisions are suspect. I don't see how you can be "mostly infallible", as it were. You provided your reasoning on the other question. Can I ask you to "show your work" on this one, too? Dave

• defd
    defd

ok i am off to lunch now. Ill be back.

• Billygoat
    Billygoat

Lunch at 9 am? Even if he's on the East Coast...lunch at 10 am??

• ozziepost
    ozziepost

brunch?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit